Top Shelf Aquatics

Kelli's 12 gal Aquapod

compassion83

Hi Guys!

This is my newest saltwater exploit and my first nanotank. I'm looking to do some soft corals and some zoa's. I'm planning on a small tank raised clown and a watchman goby. The tanks been up for four days and is clearing up from a pretty major bacteria bloom.

I'm filtering with floss, reef carbon, and some Fluval pre-filter media. I bought the system used and it just has the stock lighting in it , but i'm looking into something stronger.

Rock formation is a work in progress. I currently have: 3lbs of LS, and 6 lbs of LR.

http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz281/s...nk/IMG_4423.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Remember...you can put two 32W bulbs on the Aquapod 12...no mods or anything, the stock ballasts can handle up to 32w bulbs which brings your tank up to a total of 64w. Not bad for a 12g stock tank. I dont think alot of people know that those ballasts can take the bigger bulbs without alterations. :D Oh and if youre unsure about it, take a look at Currents page...they say you can use 32w bulbs with a stock AP12. Ive got mine running with 1x Dual Actinic 32w and 1x Dual Daylight 32w...awesome lighting.

Archived