Cultivated Reef

Bonsai's [BC29] Reborn - Cloudy with a Chance of Awesome.

Bonsai

Very nice.

Thank you, Weetabix :)

How did you get so nice of photos? Did you put the camera in the water? Ties are gorgeous!

I shot these with my budget macro setup on my DSLR. I have a 50mm Prime lens that I simply mounted backward using a reverse mounting ring (you can pick them up on eBay for about $3).

Your pictures are amazing :o What kind of camera are you using? Also can you tell us what kind of corals are in your tank? :happydance:

It's a Canon T3i ... but the same shots can be had with virtually any DSLR using the method I posted above.

Beautiful shots.

Thanks!

Stunning work Bonsai. I want to pickup a DSLR just to take pics of my tank. haha.

Now the real question. I seem to remember you owning Bonsai trees. Maybe I'm wrong. But I coulda swore. haha. Pics if you do?

Stunning work Bonsai. I want to pickup a DSLR just to take pics of my tank. haha.

Now the real question. I seem to remember you owning Bonsai trees. Maybe I'm wrong. But I coulda swore. haha. Pics if you do?

I used to :)

I love Bonsai but I live in Michigan, which proves to be a challenging environment for them.

I used to :)

I love Bonsai but I live in Michigan, which proves to be a challenging environment for them.

Ohhh ok. Here in Seattle there is a HUGE shop that has thousands of them. They are so cool. I had 2 of them but then the cat decided to knock them over and chew on them. I got rid of the cat. lol

• 3 months later...

Great tank. Where did you put your dimmers? I'm thinking of redoing my lighting and getting the drivers inside the hood instead of having them in the cabinet.

Archived