Coral Vue Hydros

Anyone using PAR38's over their BC29 (or similar tank)?

dekonstruktr

I'm considering PAR38's for my BC29 and i'm wondering if anyone has them set up over theirs?

I'm trying to get ideas for a fixture, maybe rail lighting suspended from the ceiling, something mounted on the wall..

if anyone is using them please post pics of your setup and opinion of them! Also, how many bulbs/what configuration would be best for this tank?

Awesome thanks. Which bulbs are you running? I'm thinking of a 12k and 2 20ks. I really like the blue look but also need some white.

Do you have any sps or clams in there?

Builder Anthony

I just bought a

ecoray par 38 15 watt led dimable color tempeture 6000-6500k

10 high watt white 1 watt leds

5 bule 1 watt leds

110-120 lumens

After 3 days here is what i have noticed.

The light is real whiteish and clear it looks like like coming threw your window.It seems to penetrat 8 inches of water no problem and its hanging about 12 inches above the tank.Now these are 1 watt leds i sort of impulsed bought them but there working.Its more of a spotlight with it being a bulb.I actually have it only covering about 8 inches with the solid spotlight and then the light really dims off because its not directly on the rock with thelight shineing on it.

Corals seem to like it though i only have soft corals.I would probally see if theres any 3 watt led fixtures around.There that one guy on here called evilc66 or something.I would probally see what he has because i paid 110 for my bulb but i bought it from a store so no shipping.It was thefirst bulb i seen that was led and just bought it.You might be able to get a better deal from him.As for this bulb though im happy.Sorry no pictures.

I just looked at the guys setup above and he has 2 lamps.You will want more then one lamp like i have just because it is a spotlight.At least thats how i feel and i only have a 5 gallon so on a 29 2 would most likely do for lighting the back super bright but the front might be lacking.You will also want some sort of reflector ive noticed these things are bright.It seems fine looking at the tank if the light is covered and your looking threw the side but trust me these things are bright.Its growing grape calepra just fine if your curious about that.

Probably the heaviest user of PAR 38's is Beeker. He has a 300 gallon tank lit exclusively by Par 38's. he recently picked up the new 7 bulb RapidLed.com PAR 38 and recommends the bulb highly, probably better than the ecoxotic and Nanotuners PAR 38. Here is his thread: http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...0&start=180

edit: oh here are a few more threads concerning similar situations.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...26306&st=40

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...17252&st=20

Awesome thanks. Which bulbs are you running? I'm thinking of a 12k and 2 20ks. I really like the blue look but also need some white.

Do you have any sps or clams in there?

Yes, Acros and Clams...

/\ your tanks look amazing! Exactly what I want to go for! I've decided on one rapidled 7 color and an evil 20k bulb to start. I am also going to go rimless too. Thanks for the help.

Archived