Coral Vue Hydros

Blue Hippo Tang Tank size?

Syn74

Hello there. I am just wondering. What is the tank size requirement for a blue hippo tang? Everywhere I look seems to say a different tank size. I have seen everything from 30 gallon minimum to 100 gallon min. Wanted to see what other people that have them seem to think.

Thank you!

Hello there. I am just wondering. What is the tank size requirement for a blue hippo tang? Everywhere I look seems to say a different tank size. I have seen everything from 30 gallon minimum to 100 gallon min. Wanted to see what other people that have them seem to think.

Thank you!

Some here keep them in a 5g but a 75-100g is much better.

trust me i had a customer come in before and ask to purchase a hippo i said sure thing then i asked before i netted the tang and he said he has a biocube...so i refused to sell it to him he got mad and walked out..

any other stores in the area would of just sold it and called it a day. i wouldnt do that to ppl

75 min in my opinion. 4 foot by 18 inches wide. Height doesn't make much of a difference.

exactly fish dont need height...no matter if you have a 4 ft tank or 12ft tank they will swim from one side to another....tangs swims miles everyday

• 10 years later...
Fishdude111

If I am only planning on keeping one in my 55 for about 3 years before I got to college with an objective of purchasing one at around 2-3 inches be ok?

Archived