Coral Vue Hydros

Fluval Spec..

GokesReef

I came across one of these in a LFS last night, and it intrigued me a bit.

fluvalspec-993x1024.png

It seems like a nice AIO little setup (2 gal) at a fair price of ~$60. I've seen some other pico tanks for around the same price that are a bit bigger, but not AIO. If there are any others that are good bets, let me know.

What I'm mainly curious about is the light it comes with. When searching the site, all I could find is someone commenting the light is "horrable(sic)" which doesn't give me much to work with.

It comes with an array of 31 LEDs. That's all I can find. No info on spectrum or PAR to speak of.. so, I come to you. Is anyone familiar with the Spec? Have one? Good/bad thoughts? Can the light handle things that would go in a 2g?

The JBJ Pico IMO looks better and is the same price and is 3 gallons instead of 2. I'm pretty sure its an AIO. From what I have heard those LED clip-ons dim after 6 months, but someone else can chime in on that.

Thanks, I'll check out the JBJ. If anyone else has suggestions for AIO picos, I'm interested.. looking for something for my desk at work ;P

The Edge if you want to spend that kind of money. But with this you need to upgrade the lighting. PICO 3 gallon from CPR Auatics.

HTH, M-D

The edge is a little bigger than I'd be looking for and looks a little to hipster for me :P

Seems like it might just be a better option to get a CF pico.. no one seems to know anything about the LEDs that the Spec has.

The LEDs in that kit (and the Dymax IQ3 that is almost identicle) are not reef capable, except for really low light coral. For freshwater, it would be fine.

Thanks evil.. figured if anyone knew, it'd be you.

Safe to assume none of the pico AIOs come with decent LEDs?

Not that it'd be hard to upgrade, but would be nice :P

Thanks evil.. figured if anyone knew, it'd be you.

Safe to assume none of the pico AIOs come with decent LEDs?

Not that it'd be hard to upgrade, but would be nice :P

I don't know if your desk is in a 'cube' of a 'always lit' area in the building or not.. When I was working.. well ya, but I was looking at getting some Solar panel's to do this with. They had the outlets blocked off and would fire you if you were tapping off the power supply for your own enjoyment. Fish tank, fan, christmas lights etc..

Yeah, it is a really cool looking tank though, at one of the local pet stores they have one set up, it's really slick looking and neat, but the lights are not reef lights.

Yeah, it is a really cool looking tank though, at one of the local pet stores they have one set up, it's really slick looking and neat, but the lights are not reef lights.

Yeah, I do like the look.. maybe a clip on CF would make it work.

Archived