Coral Vue Hydros

PH needs!

theheaddon910

theheaddon910

My 10g nano has been running for 14 days with live sand and 6 days with live rock. My ph is only at 7.5, what should I do to raise my ph?

My 10g nano has been running for 14 days with live sand and 6 days with live rock. My ph is only at 7.5, what should I do to raise my ph?

What's your temp and salinity? Do you have any kind of filtration? How much surface agitation do you have?

Also if youre in the middle of your cycle decaying matter could possibly be throwing off the pH. What are those levels at?

theheaddon910

My temp is at 79, salinity was at 1.026, and I'm running a bio-wheel 200 with-out bio-wheel just filter pad and koralia nano 240 for movement.

My temp is at 79, salinity was at 1.026, and I'm running a bio-wheel 200 with-out bio-wheel just filter pad and koralia nano 240 for movement.

Well I would guess either your pH kit is not reading correctly or youre having a crazy cycle and somethings throwing it off. Either way youre going to have to wait until you get all your levels to zero before you can add anything so in the meantime I would figure out if your test kit is defunct and proceed from there.

PH kit is most likely accurate and the decaying matter is raising the CO2 concentration in your water along with all the organisms that are alive are respirating. During the cycle it is highly recommended to not test for anything but the nitrogen cycle and even then take your time unless you like watching cool stuff like that over time. It's recommended this way because you are too likely to freak out and do the wrong thing if you think something is incorrect. After the water change once the nitrite is 0ppm then you can test for PH and decide on a clean-up crew. Then livestock comes later and watch your CA/ALK before you add corals. No need to test for things you won't be using.

Archived