ReefCleaners.org

Best mode for MP10

Reef_Addiction

Reef_Addiction

Hi all, I just got my new MP10 and will be putting it in my 12g NC. I have some SPS, LPS and some zoas. What would be the mode to put the mp10 mode based on the size of the tank and the corals that I have. I dont want it to be blowing everything around, but I do want a nice wave here and there just to get a least some dead spots if i have any. Thanks

Nino

I have been running my mp20 on reefcrest 100%. I have played with the short pulse mode and like the back and forth motion. Has anybody else done this? And have you had any issues with the tank. Just wondering if my 40b will be able to handle the water pressure. Also long term effect on the vortech

I've got my MP10 on short pulse mode at about 50% in a 10g. I'll be putting it in my 40br setup pretty soon and wouldn't expect any crazy stresses on the tank, even with it at 100%. I think the MP10 just b a r e l y works enough in a 40br as it is, from what I've read.

I too thought about long-term stress on the motor itself, ramping up and down like that. Only time will tell and according to others, Ecotech's customer service takes care of you regardless. If they sell a product that has certain features, I would hope those features don't destroy the product!

My suggestion would be to put the mp10 in green constant mode. Then play with the dial and take a look around your tank and find the point at which there are no "dead spots." This may take a little while. Use the setting where there are no dead spots and all the corals are affected by the flow.You may also have to change where you position the pump. How much flow you want would depend on what you are keeping. Ex mushrooms would require less than Acropora sp .My setting of reefcrest at 100% is based on a predominately sps tank. Once you establish your max flow setting then you can go use whatever mode you prefer and set the dial so that at peak it reaches that level whether it is 100%, 50% or whatever. Even a slight repositioning of the pump can have a substantial effect.

Archived