Top Shelf Aquatics

Miracle shrimp

FishStrings

This shrimp had a miracle today. I woke up to take a leak and felt something wet under my foot. Thinking it was nothing, I took the leak, came back and shined the flashlight on the wet spot I had stepped on. The wet spot ended up being a peppermint shrimp which I had stepped on and was still moving. This was now the second peppermint to get out of the tank. I tossed the shrimp back in thinking something would eat him, and the cleaner shrimp grabbed him and started picking. I chased the cleaner away with the baster and no less than 10 minutes the peppermint was moving around in shock. I truly have never seen anything like it. I somehow had stepped on the shrimp with only the arch of my foot, saving him from being squished.

Everything can jump out of a tank; hoods are your best friend. The only time I've seen mine close to jumping out was if another fish was chasing and trying to nip at it.

I've only had shrimp jump when they were scared out of the tank by something. You've got a fish or another critter which is after them.

igotreefermadness

I had a sexy anemone jump while I was drip acclimating them. I've had FW shrimp jump while feeding cichlids. Even the sexies can be surprisingly fast when threatened. But I'd say you def have something goin after em like the other guys said.

Archived