ReefCleaners.org

damself is coverd in white spots?

clowe18

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im goin to put him in a QT and treat him with meds, sinse im not 100% convinced its ich. im herbtana microbe-lift to treat him. if it was ich id use hyposaltinity.

Deffenitly. I'm having a small problem though.. I can't get him out of my tank. Haha he always hides in the rocks and what not when I put the net in the tank. Any tips on how to get him out?

qwiksilver711
Deffenitly. I'm having a small problem though.. I can't get him out of my tank. Haha he always hides in the rocks and what not when I put the net in the tank. Any tips on how to get him out?

going to probably have to remove some rock

I'm sorry but I agree with quick. Your going to have to re-aqua scape. But you could try to feed at the top then when he comes to feed you could net him like a :ninja:

Either way he needs to first; Get the fish out of the main tank, second; do the qt treatment. If he does hypo and it works then we know it was ich. If hypo doesn't work then we know it's that disease that you mentioned that I cant spell. He still needs to do a qt treatment

"Quarantine in a well-established hospital tank while the growths are present is the safest way to avoid contamination of the aquaria. However, if the quarantine is not well-established and minimally appropriate for the fish, then the diseased fish will not do well in quarantine, and may worsen. Infected fish can also be addressed within the display, with [low] risk of infecting other fish and with higher risk of the originally afflicted fish being re-infected. Since the disease, like any virus, is opportunistic with a weakened host, fish that are mishandled, not receiving adequate nutrition or reside in poor living environments are much more susceptible then well-established, highly cared for fish.

While the virus needs to run its course (approx. 1 month), effective treatment is fairly simple and involves basic husbandry practices that should be in place even without the presence or need to address lymphocystis. Treatment and care entails providing your aquarium and fish with excellent water conditions, a good environment, a tranquil community setting, and quality nutrition that addresses the specific needs of the afflicted fish. The addition of quality supplements such as Zoecon and fresh garlic is likely to enhance the fish’s chances for full-recovery. There is no medicinal treatment and attempting to treat with a product could well worsen the situation, especially if medications are dumped into the display aquaria.

As with any primary disease, secondary infections by bacteria, fungus or even parasites can result in weakened, sick fish. The hobbyist needs to be mindful of the development of secondary infections, which could be significantly more perilous to the fish than the lymphocystis and will require the removal of the fish to a quarantine for isolation and treatment."

Yeah I also thought it might be lymphocystis... Nice quote spanko

If you can't get the fish out easily, find which rock it goes to and just take that whole rock out if you can..

You could also try to make an inverted bottle trap.

Archived