Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

BC29 Owners - What's New?

Bonsai

Hi all,

I've been out of the hobby for the better part of 6 months ... so I'm not really current on all of the new developments and technology that's out there. I have an empty BC29 sitting in my new house, completely ready for action.

This BC29 has been through different lighting configurations, including Stock PCs, DIY LEDs, etc. Currently, the stock hood is back on the tank, with a pair of PC-Rs from Nano Customs. The LEDs never gave me great coral coloration, so I sold that custom hood awhile back. PCs are weak ... my ideal setup would have T5s. I've seen the BC29 HQI at my LFS ... it's nice. But I'd rather keep the lighting contained in a hood.

So what's new in the world of BioCubes? What are all the cool kids doin'? ;)

emptyaquarium.jpg

I've just got the usual going on. inTank mediabasket, tunze 9002, mj1200 return pump and a MP10. I have the nanotuners 5.6 led kit coming in soon. I ordered it right before they started using the new drivers so I had to wait til they made all the changes.... o darn :D

I've been thinking about putting t5s in my hood as well I think I am going to gut the canopy and put a nova extreme pro in there. Once I actually get it all done I will let you know how it works out.

I've just got the usual going on. inTank mediabasket, tunze 9002, mj1200 return pump and a MP10. I have the nanotuners 5.6 led kit coming in soon. I ordered it right before they started using the new drivers so I had to wait til they made all the changes.... o darn :D

I was on nano-tuners web-site tonight and talk about sticker shock!! $580 bucks for a retro kit????

WOW!!! :o

I know it's nano-tuners and all, and I'm sure their quality is great, but still!!

BTW, :welcome: back bonsai!!

I was on nano-tuners web-site tonight and talk about sticker shock!! $580 bucks for a retro kit????

WOW!!! :o

I know it's nano-tuners and all, and I'm sure their quality is great, but still!!

Haha it doesn't help that you looked at the most expensive item on the site! The 4.6 retro kit is $400. (not cheap by any means)

Archived