ReefCleaners.org

Need Some Help

MorfiusX

This thing hitchhiked on a Xenia I bought. I move from the rock the Xenia was on to my live rock within a couple hours. It has three legs sticking out of the hole in the rock. Each leg is tapered to a point, enough that I don't think it's a fire or bristle worm. (I could be wrong) Each leg has slight bristles. I don't know if the legs connect to a body (like a brittle star) or not. I can see more of it curled up in the whole. Each legs is extended about 1-1.5 inches from the hole. The hole is about 1/4 to 1/2 inch wide. Trying to figure out if it is bad. If so, would super gluing it in the hole kill it?

th_IMG_3372.jpg

From the pic it looks like a type of brittle star. How long has it been there. When you feed the tank does it come out more?

From the pic it looks like a type of brittle star. How long has it been there. When you feed the tank does it come out more?

Just bought the Xenia today. Noticed the arms sticking out of the rock the Xenia was on, then later when I moved the Xenia, it was in that hole about 2 inches from it original location.

Just bought the Xenia today. Noticed the arms sticking out of the rock the Xenia was on, then later when I moved the Xenia, it was in that hole about 2 inches from it original location.

Brittle Star. have more than I want in my tank and sometimes get on my nerves for stealing food right out of my zoas' mouths ..

Archived