ReefCleaners.org

summer coming up - ac chiller or pc fan

classic

hey everybody,

with summer around a corner and living in a hot area (over 100°F / 40° C can happen) i have three solutions at the moment:

a. installing an ac in the living room - this way i would benefit from it too - but high electricity bill

b. installing an chiller - high electricity bill and i dont benefit

c. installing two 12inch pc fans - cheap but looosing alot of water

what do you suggest? it is a 6g fluval edge tank

I would vote for chiller or fan, however i think that the fan AND the AC is the best option. Chiller wont' do very good IF the room is super hot. A fan wont help much if there is a lot of humidity, and it can only do SO much when the room is hot.

I think you might need to combine A or C. At least A though since its only a 6 gal.

I would vote for chiller or fan, however i think that the fan AND the AC is the best option. Chiller wont' do very good IF the room is super hot. A fan wont help much if there is a lot of humidity, and it can only do SO much when the room is hot.

I think you might need to combine A or C. At least A though since its only a 6 gal.

^^^ Ditto

ok will get an a/c for sure... and hook up some fans if necessary... thank you for your fast replies... really getting worried just looked at some bbc climate statistics... record was 106° in august.... and the living room is one floor beneath the roof... could get really hot

Archived