Innovative Marine Aquariums

70 Rimless Anemone Tank

TheWAND

The lights are great. The spread is good once you raise up the light a bit, around 10" in my case. If you get the system I would definitely shoot for the hanging kit. If you needed bigger spread on your 85, you could easily raise the light higher up, don't worry about intensity as mine are peaking at 40% every day. Most people buy the lens upgrade kit which changes the middle four lenses on the fixture to 70 degree optics which makes spread better.

Awesome, that answers my question kind of. My tank is 60" long but only fifteen inches front to back. I figure two of these guys hung lengthwise would be a good start. The hanging kit allows you to hang each separately, correct?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Awesome, that answers my question kind of. My tank is 60" long but only fifteen inches front to back. I figure two of these guys hung lengthwise would be a good start. The hanging kit allows you to hang each separately, correct?

I actually don't know how you would mount the fixtures lengthwise. You would probably have to come up with a custom mounting rail. The hanging kit has two pivot points on either side of the fixture. I'll take some pictures of the mounting assembly to show you what I mean. I think two lengthwise should be able to cover your tank, plus you always have the option of adding another if you need it. You should email the guys at reefgeek about mounting them lengthwise. They should be able to answer you're questions.

The haddoni looks awesome! I really want to do one in my new 57 I/m setting up. Come to think of it, were going to be using the same lighting as well. I might be checking in with you on how you like the AI's and how the nem is doing under them

The haddoni looks awesome! I really want to do one in my new 57 I/m setting up. Come to think of it, were going to be using the same lighting as well. I might be checking in with you on how you like the AI's and how the nem is doing under them

Pretty sure you should have no issues with a haddoni under LEDs. Just make sure you find a healthy one to start with. I've kept this one under Vertex Illumina LEDs for the past 8-9 months no issues. What's really important with large anemones (gigantea haddoni and magnificas) is very good flow.

Great tank! I like the look and the haddi is a great addition.

Thanks! The anemone is really starting to get comfortable. This picture shows some bare spots where tentacle used to be. Hopefully these spots will recover with twice a week feedings.

nem.jpg

Wow beautiful anemone! The clowns should love it :)

Thanks! The anemone is enormous as well. It's opened to around 15" today, but I've seen it as large as 18" in its glory days. I thought the clowns would have been here ten minutes ago when I saw the FedEx truck pull up, but the driver seems to have driven by??? :huh: First online fish purchase for me so I'm kind of anxious.

what kinda clowns you gunna get? Nice haddoni. I just got a green one for my Black and White ocellaris

Trying to get nice picassos for the nem. Shipper put the wrong address I was on the phone with FedEx for an hour today and was told there was no way they could deliver today, so I left home to run errands. Came home to find a failed delivery tag on the door. Today has been a nightmare and all I can do is hope for the best when I pick up the fish tomorrow morning, trying to stay optimistic, but it's really hard right now.

Anyways, here's the WYSIWG picture wwc had on their site.

Screenshot2011-07-27at65835AM.png

I can't even put into words how happy and relieved I am. Just picked up the pair from the FedEx office and they are looking extremely healthy. I opted to pick them up so they wouldn't be at the mercy of the heat in the back of a van all day. Pictures will be posted soon.

what kind of clowns are those? how big are they? did they find that nem... mine have 2 to choose from and they ignore them....

forgot to ask... how much.

They are Picasso clowns. A variation of the perculas. They are about 1.5"

Im not expecting them to find the nem for a couple days at least. It could be longer. Also sending you a pm.

fishez4alivin

Congrats on getting the package, and having healthy fish! I've had UPS and FedEx fail on delivering, and had to meet the truck more than a handful of times...they are usually cool about contacting the driver if you tell them the contents...

Congrats on getting the package, and having healthy fish! I've had UPS and FedEx fail on delivering, and had to meet the truck more than a handful of times...they are usually cool about contacting the driver if you tell them the contents...

Thanks! It might have been my fault, after the whole deal I looked at my confirmation email and saw I typed in the wrong address, finger must've slipped because I was a number off. I think I've come up with names for the little guys now. Ellie and Gem. After a couple of my favorite (music) artists. :)

SouthFlorida_Tron

Just a crazy suggestion but I know there's a myth about taping a picture of clowns in a similar nem to the glass, but I didn't have luck for 2 months, put the picture, went to see transformers, got back and viola, clowns hostin my BTA lol

I know, crazy but hey it worked.....worth a shot!

Just a crazy suggestion but I know there's a myth about taping a picture of clowns in a similar nem to the glass, but I didn't have luck for 2 months, put the picture, went to see transformers, got back and viola, clowns hostin my BTA lol

I know, crazy but hey it worked.....worth a shot!

It's been up since the day they've been in. They have only just begun to swim freely around the entire tank so I'm not too worried about not seeing results yet.

cruzH20polo

Dude... great tank,

The dimensions of this tank are awesome!!!!

I currently saving up to 2 AI sol blues ... ill be watching this tank closely!

Dude... great tank,

The dimensions of this tank are awesome!!!!

I currently saving up to 2 AI sol blues ... ill be watching this tank closely!

Thanks! You should love the lights when you get them. The only reason I'm not 100% satisfied is because I'm comparing them to the Vertex Illumina system which I have running on my larger system, but I couldn't justify the cost for this system.

On another note, I'm going to talk a bit about flow today. Currently I am running an MP40w ES on short pulse at about 70% power with half second pulses and am getting about a 1" wave. I am also running a MP60w ES on reef crest at the minimum setting, because anything more turns the tank into a sh*tshow. Also am running a 6045 turned up at the surface for agitation. I am trying to trade out the MP60 for smaller pumps so I can use the features better. Here are the two setups I am looking for.

4 x 6055

or

1 mp40w es + 2x 6055

What setup would you recommend? Really want the Tunzes to take over the wave making since it seems the Vortechs have weak shafts which short pulse takes quite a toll on (so I hear).

I would like the mp40 + 2 6055 setup since the tunze magnets don't really hold well on 3/4" acrylic (unless someone tells me otherwise) and I'd be stuck using them on the overflow, where the 6045 is already at, but that's the only reason. So my question to you is, do the 6055 magnets work on 3/4" acrylic???

according to tunze,

Magnet holder for glass panes

up to 19 mm (.74 in.) in 6025, 6045, 6055

so i think you should be ok.

are you planning on running the tunze on a controller or just constant flow?

my take on this is, with tunze, you can aim your flow to where ever needed and can be more beneficial to the corals, but without a controller its pointless to get such an expensive pump. if you do get the controller, you cant really do any sort of syncing with the mp40

with another mp40, you can take advantage of the syncing function and run bigger waves. but your only limited to a horizontal flow.

with all tunze, you have the highest ability to adjust the direction of the flow, coupled with a controller you can come up with some interesting flow patterens

Man, those Picasso's are sweet!

For flow, I would probably do 2x tunze + one MP40, maybe add another mp10/40 in the future if you are going sps dominant. By the way, how do you like the tunze silence?

Archived