Coral Vue Hydros

thinking about getting an arrow crab to eat bristle worms?

~LadyBug~

i'm heading to the reef store tomorrow, and i'm thinking about getting an arrow crab to eat bristle worms...thoughts? feed back? other suggestions?

thanks guys!!!

yeah, it'll eat bristle worms. and snails, and corals, and fish, and anything it else it develops a taste for.

bristle worms are a very useful part of your CUC. why get rid of them?

yeah, it'll eat bristle worms. and snails, and corals, and fish, and anything it else it develops a taste for.

Yep :( They get pretty big too. I wouldn't suggest it

bristle worms are a very useful part of your CUC. why get rid of them?

This. Especially the last part.
i'm heading to the reef store tomorrow, and i'm thinking about getting an arrow crab to eat bristle worms...thoughts? feed back? other suggestions?

thanks guys!!!

you could always ship em to me :D

skipped getting one. last time i saw them at the store, they were 1-2 inches...this time, more like 5 :o. i didn't realise they got that big! honestly, the only way i've heard anyone talking about bristle worms, it has been negative. guess they were wrong... :P

skipped getting one. last time i saw them at the store, they were 1-2 inches...this time, more like 5 :o. i didn't realise they got that big! honestly, the only way i've heard anyone talking about bristle worms, it has been negative. guess they were wrong... :P

if you have a LOT of bristle worms, you may want to look at your tank husbandry...overfeeding and such. that's the only time i've heard of having too many bristle worms being a bad thing but more as a symptom of something else

Hate's me the bristle worms regardless of how wonderful they do in terms of cleanup. Take a look at a bristle worm trap if you want to get rid of them. ANY crab regardless of type is a bad idea. They are opportunistic omnivores and if they can grab it they will eat it

Funktastic Wint
Hate's me the bristle worms regardless of how wonderful they do in terms of cleanup. Take a look at a bristle worm trap if you want to get rid of them. ANY crab regardless of type is a bad idea. They are opportunistic omnivores and if they can grab it they will eat it

i got one to eat my bristleworms.

and when they get bigger i just sell em on craigslist.

i was feeding my snowflake eel with live goldfish and the arrow crab actually grabbed one while it was swimming around and just started eatin it right there. pretty gnarly crab. usually pretty aggressive but quite entertaining. i used to put my finger up to the glass and he would try to touch my finger with one of his legs. :P

Archived