SaltCritters.com

XP lenses

Trick

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
XP-G, yes. XR-E, nope. XP's and XR-Es are drastically different in size.

drastically is correct. Here is a pic of the difference

xp-g-vs-xr-e.jpg

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com
okay, how do i put 60 degree optics on both of them?

You can buy 60 degree optics for XR-E. Some of the sponsors carry them, I believe they are even cheaper than the XP* but im not sure on the quality because ive never touched one.

You can buy 60 degree optics for XR-E. Some of the sponsors carry them, I believe they are even cheaper than the XP* but im not sure on the quality because ive never touched one.

The XRE 60's are VERY good. I honestly think they are better than the XP series.

They fit the XRE better than an XP optic fits and XP, for one thing. Way better.

I also noticed an odd issue with a PAR meter.

A royal blue XRE driven at 960mA and a 60 degree reflector was giving me more PAR at the same distance than a cool white XPG with a 60 degree optic driven at 1,400mA. This was fairly consistent with all my XRE and XPG (13 total).

I don't remember how much more PAR it was, and I don't put a tremendous amount of stock in this situation, except to say that I have doubts about the effectiveness of the particular XP optics I have, compared to the effectiveness of the XRE optics.

Both optics I am using are the common types you see on nearly every reef LED diy site, both for the XRE and XP

Archived