Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

POD EXPLOSION IN A 5.5

Alkomist

my 5.5 has exploded with pods!!! theyre everywere!!

im still fairly new to this reefing thing and have not had this many pods ever!

theyre all over the glass and its very distracting

is their a fish out their that eats pods and is able to be kept in a 5.5?

do damsels eat pods?

danthenewreefman
my 5.5 has exploded with pods!!! theyre everywere!!

im still fairly new to this reefing thing and have not had this many pods ever!

theyre all over the glass and its very distracting

is their a fish out their that eats pods and is able to be kept in a 5.5?

do damsels eat pods?

yes damsels eat pods -- introduce 1 and dont feed it for couple weeks. it'll do some damage.

they're not "active pod hunters" like a 6-line wrasse. But they'll def destroy any they can catch in the open or see at all.

tank too small for a six-line.

KOO!

but im not a fan of damsels....lol lil bastards are mean!

is their any type of gobi that will eat em?

or anyother type of fish?

and yea a 5.5 is too small for a sixline....sux lol

danthenewreefman

damsel aggresion = good for hunting pods, they show their aggresioin when they catch one in open water big time.

damsel is probably best bet for the 5.5 remove and take back to pet store after it's done if you're concerned about aggresion to fish.

I got a pair of scooter blennies in a 6 gallon - pods gone. They hunt constantly for them. They're kinda funny lookin but they will completely clean your tank of pods.

Deleted User 6
I got a pair of scooter blennies in a 6 gallon - pods gone. They hunt constantly for them. They're kinda funny lookin but they will completely clean your tank of pods.

your blennies are going to die.

Maybe he can train them to eat frozen food. There's an awesome thread on training mandarins somewhere around here.

The one the STD wrote while working at CompUSA?

Seriously, just throw your blennies to a cat or something. It will be quicker and more humane.

Maybe he can train them to eat frozen food. There's an awesome thread on training mandarins somewhere around here.

I have a mandarin in a 20L eating frozen mysis, mussel bits, and brine shrimp...as well as any pods he finds. I still don't suggest that many scooters in that small of a tank. I had a yasha goby for a while and he ate pods whenever they came near his burrow.

Barnacle blenny. They eat anything small and moving and seem to have no problem with commercial foods. They are small, fast, non-aggressive and a hoot to watch.

I don't get why you're opposed to damsels because of their attitude... you're only putting one fish in there. Not like there's anything for it to be aggressive to?

lol i was not heading towrads the ol noob "mandarin in a pico question" i know bout them

would a yellow watchmen goby have at em?

i dont really want a damsels becuz i want a goby in the tank!

but if i cant find anything that will make the tank (me) happy then ill just bite the bullet and get a yellow tail or somthin

llammaslayer!:

my tank is exactly like that...i dont like it! lol

thanks everyone for the help and suggestions, i really Preciatate it:)

I don't get why you're opposed to damsels because of their attitude... you're only putting one fish in there. Not like there's anything for it to be aggressive to?

Missing the point. The excess population does not need a fish to control it, and in such a small environment, that food source will run out almost overnight. In time and with patience, the issue will take care of itself once the excess food source that the "pods" are consuming is exhausted. It's not about the fish, it's about learning and observing and not trying to control every little thing about an aquarium.

Missing the point. The excess population does not need a fish to control it, and in such a small environment, that food source will run out almost overnight. In time and with patience, the issue will take care of itself once the excess food source that the "pods" are consuming is exhausted. It's not about the fish, it's about learning and observing and not trying to control every little thing about an aquarium.

Give this man a metal. :bowdown:

My new hero :D

Archived