Cultivated Reef

Tunze in Solana 34G

dylan1464

im wondering how everyone relocated the magnet on their tunze 9002 in your 34 solana's...also ive heard that the tunze needs to be elevated up higher so the water line is where it should be on the skimmer. what did you guys do to elevate the skimmer up higher?

im wondering how everyone relocated the magnet on their tunze 9002 in your 34 solana's...also ive heard that the tunze needs to be elevated up higher so the water line is where it should be on the skimmer. what did you guys do to elevate the skimmer up higher?

I used a small hacksaw to remove the magnet. Then I siliconed the magnet to the back of the skimmer. Once you get the magnet on the back of the skimmer, all you have to do is find a sweet spot that works for you. You don't really have to raise the water level as all you have to do is raise the skimmer itself. Some people like to skim really dry and think that everyone should skim like that. Some people like to skim wet. I like to skim in between and get some nice dark tea instead of a crazy black water that takes weeks to fill the cup.

I used a small hacksaw to remove the magnet. Then I siliconed the magnet to the back of the skimmer. Once you get the magnet on the back of the skimmer, all you have to do is find a sweet spot that works for you. You don't really have to raise the water level as all you have to do is raise the skimmer itself. Some people like to skim really dry and think that everyone should skim like that. Some people like to skim wet. I like to skim in between and get some nice dark tea instead of a crazy black water that takes weeks to fill the cup.

so the skimmer fits once you move the magnet to the rear of the skimmer? i thought it was too small of an area to get the skimmer on there. im more in skimming in the middle as well.

mitch how is the testing on the basket going? i really like to get one soon :)

Yup I guarantee you the skimmer will fit once you relocate the magnet.

And the media basket is doing great! The fit is a bit tight but I already reported that to Stevie. I'm using e middle chamber as a fuge, and it's working really good. I like how much the filterfloss catches. The design is pretty much solid.

I made a stand out of egg crate for mine. I may put the magnet on though. How far in the water do you have your skimmer in the water? Or should I ask how much of the skimmer is out of the water. Mine doesnt have the water line mark. It seems I am always playing with the air line. I did the mod on you tube.

Yup I guarantee you the skimmer will fit once you relocate the magnet.

And the media basket is doing great! The fit is a bit tight but I already reported that to Stevie. I'm using e middle chamber as a fuge, and it's working really good. I like how much the filterfloss catches. The design is pretty much solid.

great i cant wait till mine gets here i cant deal with the stock solana skimmer (not my cup of tea)

good to hear that..since your using it as a fuge as well do you have room for chemipure or purigen? i love the design it looks great, any idea when stevie plans on releasing the basket? any other improvements being made to it? how easy is it to remove the basket btw?

I made a stand out of egg crate for mine. I may put the magnet on though. How far in the water do you have your skimmer in the water? Or should I ask how much of the skimmer is out of the water. Mine doesnt have the water line mark. It seems I am always playing with the air line. I did the mod on you tube.

i did the mod on the tunze for my biocube so much easier to adjust the skimme and makes the skimmer quieter as well

I was using 2 pieces of 2" pvc pipe 6" long for spacers under my Tunze when I had it.

never thought of this good idea

Archived