Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

upgrading canon 30D

Deleted User 6

7D

and wouldnt you know..i have one for sale..LOL well in a week or so I will

can have a package deal of 7D with grip and 17-55 2.8IS lens for $2050 shipped

yea I know..I just cannot get myself to like this camera..After shooting with a 1D series for so long I really cant feel comfortable shooting with anything else..Nothing feels as good in my hands well built and responsive..So.back to the 1D Mark III I go. I should have never did the switch the 1D3 is just perfect.

Deleted User 6

so what you're saying is i should buy it because you don't like it?

i'm not getting your sales tactic. also, i just need a body - no lenses or grips.

seriously though, i'm trying to decide between the 7D and the T2i. what should i doooo?

no the 7D is a GREAT camera..its just not a 1D and I do not like the smaller body of it..I have a grip but just doesnt feel as nice as the 1D. the AF performance is amazing on it good high ISO but its just not for me..

well the Lens is sold..but for the Grip and body i will be asking 1200..Its a Canon Refurb..I sent it to canon to give it a check over on everything before I sell it. Adorama sells the Refurbs for 1399.

The 7D poops on the T2i..going from a 30D your going to hate the Rebel body. The 7D kills it in AF, has flash commander so you can fire your flash off camera, 8fps, weather sealing, much much better build..it has a better build then the 30D, MUCH better viewfinder 100% coverage,

Christopher Marks

Go for the 60D or the new T3i, the swivel screen is really useful! I'd say the 60D is well worth the premium over the T2i or T3i, given the higher build quality, slightly larger size, better battery (same as 7D), brighter viewfinder, and dedicated AF button on the back.

If you plan on shooting fast action, the AF system on the 7D is definitely superior. It has better noise reduction at high ISO as well, but other than that the image quality is nearly the same.

The 60D body only is $929 right now at Amazon, really good price!

T2i has really dropped in price, $687.

I think the T3i will be $799 when it ships.

Christopher Marks

All of these can shoot HD video. I believe the 60D currently offers the most customization options for video, though the T3i may gain them as well? There's also a hacked firmware (Magic Lantern) that will give all the cameras more customization options.

You'll want to be shooting video full manual to get good results, ideally from a stationary point or tripod. Autofocusing during video is slow, choppy, and noisy, not ideal.

The only cameras I've seen that are well suited for 'camcorder' style video shooting are micro 4/3rds like the Panasonic GF-1 or 2, Sony's NEX-3 or 5, and similar compact mirrorless offerings. The Panasonic in particular has beautifully smooth autofocus tracking.

Archived