Cultivated Reef

Do!Aqua 12" Cube : Invert Paradise

DaveFason

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They really are. Your new tank is going to be stellar too!

Very cool to see the shrimp already hosting in the maxi. Hopefully I can snag a few more of them. Once I get my light mounted I will start adding the caps.

-Dave

Thanks guys. Hopefully when I get home I will be able to snap some photo's of everything.

I was just about to pick up the white cap goby but it did not come with a shrimp. With them only pairing with one species of shrimp I did not want to screw anything up. Ugh, the search is on.

The rest of the tank should be cleaned up, MP10 on the way and the DIY canister should be done this weekend too.

-Dave

They don't NEED a shrimp.. its just a bonus. But yeah, that'd be a selling point. That high of a price for a goby, it should come with a shrimp.

wow, looking great! where is the best place to get the rebels 3 on a board? kinda getting sick of using the stars. seem like those make things a lot easier.

The white cap is only appealing with the shrimp. They tiny size with a large shrimp is to cool!

Thanks Smitty

Fnard - I make them. They are a little pricey but are 10x easier to work with. No shadowing, small and can use some great optics.

-Dave

Ok, thanx Dave. I bought some Crees from you last year and have yet to use them, ideas keep changing and those looked quite nice. Good luck with the tanks. Great job as usual.

• 1 month later...

I have been letting this tank mature and do its thing. The shrimp and anemone are still hanging out but there will be a new guy in town...

WHITE CAP GOBY and SHRIMP PAIR!!!!!

Hopefully here very soon! I need to run to the LFS and pick up some small shells and rubble for them to burrow but I am VERY excited.

-Dave

I only feed cyclopeze and let the anemone do its thing. I added some easy corals, frogspawn, xenia, and a neon green finger leather. I decided to set the Vortech to the long pulse mode and it really adds a great effect to the tank. Caps will be going in next along with the White Cap Goby/shrimp pair.

Pictures:

nanofts42011.jpg

snailclose.jpg

fts42011.jpg

-Dave

Snapped a couple photo's. I am attempting to teach myself using this SIGMA macro lens. Out of 70 shots I swear only a few were worthy enough. To make it even harder, LED's dont help.

I added Captain America paly's, blue something micros and ATL cap too.

side.jpg

front.jpg

peak.jpg

-Dave

Archived