Super Bowl present....RKL ordered!

bioload

In honor of the Super Bowl (had to think up some excuse :D ) I just ordered the RKL. Anyone have any tips advice, tricks etc? Should be here in a couple days. I'm particularly interested in the ability to set up the programming via the myreef prog on my computer, but any input would be welcome.

I hope you have better luck than me. I am still trying to figure it out. I have spent 2 days messing with this. Its a great system other than that. I will get it figured out. I have a post (help with Reef Keeper Lite) on here and have been getting some good help. Check it out it may help.

I hope you have better luck than me. I am still trying to figure it out. I have spent 2 days messing with this. Its a great system other than that. I will get it figured out. I have a post (help with Reef Keeper Lite) on here and have been getting some good help. Check it out it may help.

Thanks I'm subscribing to your thread.Hopefully by the time I get it I'll have a good understanding of how it works. I'm also checking the full manual on the DA website.

I was with you D expresso. I bought my daughter a laptop for Christmas and thats what I used. Still a pain in the butt! There isnt anything in the manuel and reading the forums doesnt help a lot either. There is one guy who answered a couple questions. I will be calling DA tomorrow and I will have a hard time being nice or patient. This thing has already consumed alot of my weekend. They should have directions and troubleshooting guides.

I was with you D expresso. I bought my daughter a laptop for Christmas and thats what I used. Still a pain in the butt! There isnt anything in the manuel and reading the forums doesnt help a lot either. There is one guy who answered a couple questions. I will be calling DA tomorrow and I will have a hard time being nice or patient. This thing has already consumed alot of my weekend. They should have directions and troubleshooting guides.

what exactly do you need help with. I am pretty familiar with mine now and have gone through the speed bumps of the da craptastic customer sercvie.

I just updated mine last night. It is a pain.

If you have an older model then you need to mail in your little updater usb stick (SID) to Digital Aquatics. Then they mail you back an updated one.

You then have to sign up for their forums, access the thread about the My Reef 2.0 software and download the install file (you can only see the install file if you are logged into their forums.

Once you install the software you can then take your SID2 (the USB looking thing with a phone jack glued to it, has to be the new version) and hook it to your computer while My Reef is running. Use the little female to female phone jack adaptor to plug the RKL and the SID2 cords together.

Once the MY Reef software recognizes RKL you will have an option to hit the "Update" button. Then it opens another screen where you hit the "program" button. You can then update the PC4 and any other modules in the same fashion.

When you have completed your updates you need to hook everything back up and do a factory reset on your RKL system. On the head unit you navigate to the correct menu and select "factory reset"

SID update instructions

http://www.digitalaquatics.com/downloads/SID2.pdf

Firmware update instruction (must be logged in to their forum):

http://www.forum.digitalaquatics.com/viewt...f=34&t=6271

MyReef 2.0 download

http://www.forum.digitalaquatics.com/viewt...f=88&t=7885

gulfsurfer101

Is it really that difficult to operate. I am not good at all with smart phones and can barely operate a computer but have my eyes set on the rke. I would hate to drop that kind of cash and not be able to operate the thing.

Is it really that difficult to operate. I am not good at all with smart phones and can barely operate a computer but have my eyes set on the rke. I would hate to drop that kind of cash and not be able to operate the thing.

Updating is a pain and is even more involved with RKE. Things are a little easier now though since they have the MyReef software. If you order one make sure you get it from Digital aquatics so you can be sure it has the most current firmware and the updated SID2

Updating is a pain and is even more involved with RKE. Things are a little easier now though since they have the MyReef software. If you order one make sure you get it from Digital aquatics so you can be sure it has the most current firmware and the updated SID2

Too late... I ordered mine from Marine Depot which should be good I hope? Arriving tomorrow according to FedEx.

I've done extensive reading and the problems seem to crop up during attempted updates. Is an update even necessary If I just want to set it up manually? That seems to be fairly easy from what I've read. The myreef software looks pretty cool but I can do without it. :o

I just updated mine last night. It is a pain.

If you have an older model then you need to mail in your little updater usb stick (SID) to Digital Aquatics. Then they mail you back an updated one.

You then have to sign up for their forums, access the thread about the My Reef 2.0 software and download the install file (you can only see the install file if you are logged into their forums.

Once you install the software you can then take your SID2 (the USB looking thing with a phone jack glued to it, has to be the new version) and hook it to your computer while My Reef is running. Use the little female to female phone jack adaptor to plug the RKL and the SID2 cords together.

Once the MY Reef software recognizes RKL you will have an option to hit the "Update" button. Then it opens another screen where you hit the "program" button. You can then update the PC4 and any other modules in the same fashion.

When you have completed your updates you need to hook everything back up and do a factory reset on your RKL system. On the head unit you navigate to the correct menu and select "factory reset"

SID update instructions

http://www.digitalaquatics.com/downloads/SID2.pdf

Firmware update instruction (must be logged in to their forum):

http://www.forum.digitalaquatics.com/viewt...f=34&t=6271

MyReef 2.0 download

http://www.forum.digitalaquatics.com/viewt...f=88&t=7885

Thanks for all the good info, but do I really need to update? I did register with DA and downloaded the latest myreef prog but am almost afraid to hook up the RKL to my computer, and I consider myself to be fairly computer literate.

Archived