Top Shelf Aquatics

Steely185's rimless 75 edge

steely185

Probably the 30 shallow like yours but non reef ready. I will drill it and add a nano overflow to maximize the space. Plan to go minimalist on rocks with corals being the predominant structures.
I like those bulkhead overflows with the grates on them. Not sure what they call them. Overflow is pretty big on the DB shallow. I think it holds about 2 gallons LoL
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for the late response. I decided to take a break for a while. I've been dragging my feet a bit lately because I love the tank but I'm going to sell it all. It's been too much trouble to deal with the wife. My main reason for selling and taking a break at this point is that I just don't get the time to enjoy it as much. The tank sits in a room we hardly go in and work has been nightmarishly busy over the last three months. I haven't had the time to give it the care it needs. As much as I don't want to, I think it's best to take a break for a bit. I'm confident I will be back at some point and do it better than ever. I'm keeping a few select pieces of equipment around to make sure of this.

Sorry to hear you are breaking down this tank, you did a great job with it. Maybe you could set up a little nano in the kitchen, simple set up you could enjoy without too much work :)

Christine

Arkayology

Sorry for the late response. I decided to take a break for a while. I've been dragging my feet a bit lately because I love the tank but I'm going to sell it all. It's been too much trouble to deal with the wife. My main reason for selling and taking a break at this point is that I just don't get the time to enjoy it as much. The tank sits in a room we hardly go in and work has been nightmarishly busy over the last three months. I haven't had the time to give it the care it needs. As much as I don't want to, I think it's best to take a break for a bit. I'm confident I will be back at some point and do it better than ever. I'm keeping a few select pieces of equipment around to make sure of this.

I hope you are back soon man! I pm'd ya.

Thanks. Hopefully I won't be gone for too long. Selling off what I have now minus some select equipment allows me to start with a blank canvas down the road. It's always easier to start something new than transition everything you already have in a tank. That's all for another day sometime down the road. I will still be around though.

I've started to turn my interest towards gardenning and landscaping as a fill in for my reef addiction. I never quite thought of it this way before but it's a nice transition. I figure without the tank I can at least have one of the nicest looking yards with tons of color. Bringing the reef outdoors of sorts.

I've got almost every clam and coral sale pending and leaving tomorrow. The total nut punch of it all is my derasa decided to start spawning in my tank today. Sucks to finally see that when you get rid of it tomorrow.

Arkayology

I've got almost every clam and coral sale pending and leaving tomorrow. The total nut punch of it all is my derasa decided to start spawning in my tank today. Sucks to finally see that when you get rid of it tomorrow.

Dislike

That's sucks that you're leaving :(.

But gardens are great, if you want some aquatic life, barrel ponds are cheap, attractive, and so easy to keep mine is thriving lol

Well all but three corals are left after tonight. They sold quick. It's kind of like a bandaid that you just have to rip off real quick.

As for a water garden I don't plan to have one. We have a pond about 30 ft from the house stocked with all sorts of fish (not koi).

This view was a selling point for me when we bought the house last year.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived