ReefCleaners.org

Help with Reef Keeper Lite? Im in NEED

sefrayser

My current software is 1.03. I think there is a newer upgrade. The SID I have has V2, which I assume is the newest one. How do I upgrade the firmware on my RKL? I have read and read and cannot figure it out. I dont know what My Reef is and do I need it. I just want to upgrade my software on my RKL. It also seems to me that they do not have the best of customer service. I asked a question on their Facebook page and I got what I thought a pretty condescending answer. I just want to upgrade my software. Can someone here help.

My current software is 1.03. I think there is a newer upgrade. The SID I have has V2, which I assume is the newest one. How do I upgrade the firmware on my RKL? I have read and read and cannot figure it out. I dont know what My Reef is and do I need it. I just want to upgrade my software on my RKL. It also seems to me that they do not have the best of customer service. I asked a question on their Facebook page and I got what I thought a pretty condescending answer. I just want to upgrade my software. Can someone here help.

You are several versions out of date....the current firmware is 2.0+. I would recommend bringing everything to 2.0+.

You need to download MyReef....the updates are done thru this program. It will also update your SID to the current firmware version.

You are basically going to plug each component into the computer via the SID (disconnect everything for the component). MyReef will read that components firmware and allow you to update to the latest released firmware.

It's fairly painless unless something goes wrong...lol.

NOTE: With the jump to 1.03 to the current RKL firmware you will need to do a factory reset in which will lose your programming. You can reprogram it thru the RKL unit or directly thru the computer with MyReef.

Ok I finally got the SID updated with 2.07. Now how do I update the head unit?? I have the 1 male to 2 female telephone thing and another telephone cord. What do I need to do??? You would figure they would have some type of directions but NO.......if they do please tell me where.

How do you hook the SID to the RKL unit? Once that is done is the software supposed to recognize the unit?

Just plug the male ends into the female ports in the connector....It only fits one way. Start up your MyReef software and plug it in....It will recognize it and tell you that an update is available.

Note: The male end of the connector will not be used for anything when you are doing this....it's just used as a way to join the 2 male plugs.

So take the adapter that was supplied with the RKL(2 female/1 male) and plug the SID and the Display into it and it should take off? The male end is not plugged into anything? Also the SID needs to be hooked to the computer.What if it doesn't recognize the head unit? I did that and the head unit didnt pop up in the menu? My SID has V2 on it, is it the right one or does it need to be programmed by DA?

The male end is used as a splitter if you want to plug your PC into the bus when the system is running....don't worry about that right now. Yes, plug the head unit and SID (connected to PC) into the adapter....male end of adapter is not used.

Try it again...you should see it pop up in MyReef. You have the correct SID.

The menu popped up and I selected RKL and it keeps appearing and then disappearing. When I can finally get it to start programming it goes thru and then it says failed to program. The lights on the RKL are flashing. When it comes back up it says revision ___of 2.02 in red.

Finally got it programmed. Do I need to program the PC4? I lost my ability to program the inputs? It doesnt even show up on the RKL? The RKL head nit keeps going between the main screen with the date/time to the default reefkeeper lite 2.0. The last thing is I cannot open anything in myreef other than the page that main page that shows the SID RkL and graphs tanks etc. When I click on graphs or tanks it does nothing. I did do a factory reset like I read to do. The status light on the PC4 is blinking also.

Finally got it programmed. Do I need to program the PC4? I lost my ability to program the inputs? It doesnt even show up on the RKL? The RKL head nit keeps going between the main screen with the date/time to the default reefkeeper lite 2.0. The last thing is I cannot open anything in myreef other than the page that main page that shows the SID RkL and graphs tanks etc. When I click on graphs or tanks it does nothing. I did do a factory reset like I read to do. The status light on the PC4 is blinking also.

Yeah...those were basically the issues I was talking about....the ones that become a pain if they happen lol. Make sure all of your components are updated.

Reflash your PC4 to the latest firmware. Make sure there is no power to the PC4 when you do this. Make sure it tells you the update was successful.

Do another factory reset on the head unit and then put everything back together.

I had a little difficulty when I brought all my firmware up to 2.0+

Well I got the PC4 updated. I had it plugged in but the power switch was off. Now how do I get the MyReef software to show? I thought you can program everything from the software and then sync it to the RKL or module? All I get when I open MyReef is the SID, PC4, or RKL. I cannot open any f the other stuff like Graphs,Tanks,etc.

Well I got the PC4 updated. I had it plugged in but the power switch was off. Now how do I get the MyReef software to show? I thought you can program everything from the software and then sync it to the RKL or module? All I get when I open MyReef is the SID, PC4, or RKL. I cannot open any f the other stuff like Graphs,Tanks,etc.

Set the whole system up with everything running and plug the your PC into it as well. Wherever your itemp probe is connected...unplug it and plug the male end of the adapter in. Plug the itemp into one side and the PC into the other side.

You can program it right thru the computer now.

Or just unplug the itemp and plug the the PC into it instead...be sure to replace it when you are done.

So this is the way to do it. Plug the SID into the computer then the telephone cord plug into the slot where the Itemp goes? Or do I use the male/double female and plug into computer one cord going to the computer and the one from the I temp to the other female? I dont know why I am so confused with all this but I am. Maybe its Im so darn frustrated with all of this.

So this is the way to do it. Plug the SID into the computer then the telephone cord plug into the slot where the Itemp goes? Or do I use the male/double female and plug into computer one cord going to the computer and the one from the I temp to the other female? I dont know why I am so confused with all this but I am. Maybe its Im so darn frustrated with all of this.

You could do it either way....the preferred method would be use the splitter. For programming it doesn't really matter.

Once you do this you can program via myreef software if you wish.

So do I use the SID or not? From what have read its not your typical telephone splitter. Will the splitter connect to my computer? If you were saying to plug the adapter into the PC4 it wont. There is a lip behind it for mounting the PC4. I had the Pc4 hooked up via the SID and I couldnt access the software that way.

Archived