Coral Vue Hydros

Older tank

Braxis

little bit of vinegar water solution usually does the trick for me if u let it soak a bit.

Do I just we it down with the solution and let it sit? Do I need to scrap it with a razor blade

You'll need to scrape it, but it probably won't even need to be as sharp as a razor blade. Something along the lines of a old credit card will usually do the trick. Something flexible like that will scratch the tank less.

You'll need to scrape it, but it probably won't even need to be as sharp as a razor blade. Something along the lines of a old credit card will usually do the trick. Something flexible like that will scratch the tank less.

Thanks I am going to give it a try. If it does not work you can't see it very much when it is full of water. But I really hope it works!

Sounds more like hard water stains to me. You'd be able to see dried Coraline just as easily as live Coraline. The only difference would be in the color.

I use Muratic acid to remove hard water stains. It's harsh. You'd need rubber gloves and would have to do it outside. However, it works. I works fast, too.

I inherited such tanks with my store, about six dozen or more.

If ya got to get crazy with chemicals then go for it.

But I'll tell ya, a new razor blade or two in the right hands does the trick fine.

I am always one for using less chemicals, especially if ya don't need 'em.

Archived