Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

RBTA Split (pics)

Renogaw

typically its not a good sign if it splits. mine did today, after my tank move, all my sps including the RBTA were pissed. have some SPS dying, and my nem split too =/

grats on the split tho

typically its not a good sign if it splits. mine did today, after my tank move, all my sps including the RBTA were pissed. have some SPS dying, and my nem split too =/

Maybe it's a bad sign for you but for most people it's a little bit of profit to be invested in new corals. :D

Entacmaea quadricolor splits for two reasons:

Gets too big(12")

or

becomes stressed: water condition, no food, poor lighting, temp fluctuation, etc.

my case being water condition/temp swing from moving.

The sole purpose of splitting for these nems is to try and survive. two are better than one :)

Back when i was a novice i kept one under crap PC lighting and it split due to poor lighting and water conditions.

My bta split too. They can split if pissed, but they can also split when they grow too big, as in my case and this one here it seems. Congrats.

My bta split too. They can split if pissed, but they can also split when they grow too big, as in my case and this one here it seems. Congrats.

grow too big? it looks under 6-8" their full size is 12"+ haha

CoralWhisperer

dude, less than 20 posts in 6 months, and didnt blow up the forum over a split anemone???

I like this guy!

This is someone who knows reefin . . .

:bowdown:

dude, less than 20 posts in 6 months, and didnt blow up the forum over a split anemone???

I like this guy!

LOL +1 brother haha

grow too big? it looks under 6-8" their full size is 12"+ haha

A nem does not have to reach that size to split, its not like the nems are following rules!!! They split. yes you can trace some occasions of splitting due to bad conditions, but other times the nem is perfectly healty. This isn't a quarter sized nem splitting.

There is a difference btw. I started with 2 BTAs one took a trip down the plumbing to my predator fuge (the lighting there sucks, not meant for corals) It split 4 or 5 ways. When it splits in half its often healthy.

This is mine:

Before:

DSC_0015.JPG

After:

DSC_0004.JPG

heh, i know splits aren't necessarily a good thing, but to be honest, the ORIGINAL RBTA is from one of my reef club members, and he has insane pristine water, all the equipment to make you drool, and they split once or twice a month. this one came from a guy who had 6 splits in his tank. this strain of bta's just keeps on splitting no matter how good the water is.

I like this guy!

been reefin for over 5 years, only just recently (august i guess isn't all that recent) went from a 90 to my used 28. REALLY miss the 90 though :(

Archived