Help with HQI!

tyrell720

I have a 16 gallon bow front with a 70w 14,000k hqi, and it’s doing amazing. My only complaint is that I would like more actinics to bring out the color in my coral. Unlike a lot of people I LOVE those deep deep violet 20,000k MH’s and would love to get that kind of fluorescence in my tank. I’m not too worried about growth, its a small tank and I don’t need much anyway. I’ve tried off brand 20,000k 70w hqi’s and they were more yellow then the 14,000k. Should i got with adding pure actinic pc’s or invest in a good 20,000k HQI? And if you suggest the HQI, which bulb has the deepest violet look similar to the attached picture?

post-54690-1296789244_thumb.jpg

I have a 16 gallon bow front with a 70w 14,000k hqi, and it’s doing amazing. My only complaint is that I would like more actinics to bring out the color in my coral. Unlike a lot of people I LOVE those deep deep violet 20,000k MH’s and would love to get that kind of fluorescence in my tank. I’m not too worried about growth, its a small tank and I don’t need much anyway. I’ve tried off brand 20,000k 70w hqi’s and they were more yellow then the 14,000k. Should i got with adding pure actinic pc’s or invest in a good 20,000k HQI? And if you suggest the HQI, which bulb has the deepest violet look similar to the attached picture?

i would invest in a good quality 20k bulb if you dont care about growth

Archived