Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

bluestripe pipefish

amored

i am considering adding a pair of these (perhaps only one) to my tank since my yasha goby seems to have been eaten by my huge maxi mini. i already do manual mandatory top-offs at least once a day, so daily feedings of pods would be no problem. i know these fish get larger but the size i would be purchasing them at is around 1" and is small enough for a tank this size. i can upgrade to a larger tank if the fish get too large, but they stay pretty small in captivity from what i've heard. (by the way, i have a 1' cube holding about 6 gallons of water)

thoughts?

Not like a horse but will stay close to structure. And your tank is really small to keep up with there natural grazing habits. You would need a larger tank than an 8 I wouldn't attempt in less than a 20 or so. I've been looking into these fish for my biocube 14 and decided to pass for these reasons.

Not like a horse but will stay close to structure. And your tank is really small to keep up with there natural grazing habits. You would need a larger tank than an 8 I wouldn't attempt in less than a 20 or so. I've been looking into these fish for my biocube 14 and decided to pass for these reasons.

i mostly agree. they're so cool though! maybe someday.

Archived