Top Shelf Aquatics

P-shrimp and ricordea

kevsvob

So the last couple of days ive noticed a ricordea of mine looking very unhappy and shriveled up. i knew something was wierd with it, and ive had this particular one for probly 4 months. and today i get home from work and my peppermint shrimp is right on top of it picking away at it.

ive never heard of that before? ive seen p-shrimp do weird things, ive even seen a peppermint shrimp rip the claw off a emerald crab before but ive never heard of them eating ricordea.

has this ever happened to anybody else?

and how can i grab this SOB out of my tank now if hes up to no good?

danthenewreefman
So the last couple of days ive noticed a ricordea of mine looking very unhappy and shriveled up. i knew something was wierd with it, and ive had this particular one for probly 4 months. and today i get home from work and my peppermint shrimp is right on top of it picking away at it.

ive never heard of that before? ive seen p-shrimp do weird things, ive even seen a peppermint shrimp rip the claw off a emerald crab before but ive never heard of them eating ricordea.

has this ever happened to anybody else?

and how can i grab this SOB out of my tank now if hes up to no good?

there is a shrimp very similar in appearance to peppermints that eats zoas.

to kill it -- I'd take cold RO water in a turkey baster and squirt it. i bet that'd work. lol.

just an idea. maybe it isn't a peppermint.

camel shrimp..

--

and yes I know zoa not equal richordia. just thinking outloud.

Thanks for replying, but for anyone who cares or finds it interesting ive concluded that it is for sure a pep and it is for sure eating my ricordea. So does anybody know a good pep removal scheme?

Archived