Coral Vue Hydros

Keeping spas with par38 bulb

tcfls2

I have a 12 x 12 inch cube and I am wanting to keep chalice and a couple other types of sps, but was wanting to know if anyone has had success with evil's par38 bulb. I have seen a few people that had LEDs and got rid of them because their sps wouldn't grow or it would just die. If you have pictures please post them. Thank you.

1 bulb would probably be enough, you'd most likely want to use the New 7 led rapidled bulb becuase it offers 4 spectrums of leds in 1 bulb, you could do 60 optics and just have the bulb about 15 inches off the tank this should give you enough PAR to keep sps

i have both a Rapidled new 7 led bulb and a few of the nanocustoms PAR38's, i like them both but for keeping sps the 12k and 20k nano custom bulbs only offer 2 spectrums which isnt enough to keep every sps color visible or good looking without enhancing it with another color bulb like a cool blue/royal blue mix or a neutral white/royal blue mix thats what ive had to do on my own setup to get some sps colors to look good

Funktastic Wint
Keeping SPAS with par 38 bulb

I have a 12 x 12 inch cube and I am wanting to keep chalice and a couple other types of sps, but was wanting to know if anyone has had success with evil's par38 bulb. I have seen a few people that had LEDs and got rid of them because their sps wouldn't grow or it would just die. If you have pictures please post them. Thank you.

the led bulbs dont put out nearly enough heat to keep your spa warm. :P

Not evil bulbs but you get the point

IMG_3182.jpg

I use to have PC´s that came with my AIO 33 gallon, I upgraded the lighting with a couple of 38´s and placed an Acro, Clams and a Pocillopora, everything including a bridnest and a Digitata that were there before the LED´s is growing and doing very good.

AcroNov20102.jpg

3corals.jpg

TopViewII.jpg

DSC02165.jpg

I run 2 PAR38 over my BC14g and 3 over my 34g CADLights. Look below at my builds. I get Better growth with the LEDs than using 150w MH on both tanks

Thank you for all the quick replies. I think I am going to go with the rapid led 7 led one they just came out with. I saw your build thread fmfa0801 and they are really nice tanks. What type of bulb do you use ermartin?

Thank you for all the quick replies. I think I am going to go with the rapid led 7 led one they just came out with. I saw your build thread fmfa0801 and they are really nice tanks. What type of bulb do you use ermartin?

I use boost PAR30's they were the right bulb for what i needed

Archived