SaltCritters.com

Activated Carbon

Braxis

CoralWhisperer

the more the merrier, I say

Its all about where you locate, how often you change it, and the quality used- some carbons will leach stuff back out if left in too long.

the more the merrier, I say

Its all about where you locate, how often you change it, and the quality used- some carbons will leach stuff back out if left in too long.

I am setting up my 35 gallon hex this weekend and moving up from my 12 gallon once it is safe to do so and I want to put some in the HOB "filter" that I have. After the cycle that is. My thought is if I put too little it is just a waist. And I want to have plenty of room for the biological.

I am setting up my 35 gallon hex this weekend and moving up from my 12 gallon once it is safe to do so and I want to put some in the HOB "filter" that I have. After the cycle that is. My thought is if I put too little it is just a waist. And I want to have plenty of room for the biological.

It wouldn't be a waste if you changed it out relatively often. You can use less carbon at a time - but you'll have to change it out more often. The opposite is also true - more carbon, less frequent changes.

Now if you don't change the carbon often enough, that's when it's a waste.

Archived