Top Shelf Aquatics

UVL bulbs

Chiefmcfuz

Well, steps are in place to get you guys the bulbs you deserve. We had a good conversation with UVL today, and things are looking good. With any luck, we will be getting replacement bulbs in starting in April. More details will come when the time gets closer.

I'm thinking of getting a 2x18w Nova Extreme and running 2 30w uvl bulbs over my biocube 14. I'm assuming I'll need a ballast upgrade to actually drive the bulbs at 30w, correct?

I'm thinking of getting a 2x18w Nova Extreme and running 2 30w uvl bulbs over my biocube 14. I'm assuming I'll need a ballast upgrade to actually drive the bulbs at 30w, correct?

Yes to drive these bulbs @ VHO you need a different ballast.

It is my understanding that when you use the stock ballast, the bulb is driven at 20w.

My 20" NEP has the 18” UVL-R 30w VHO (from NanoTuners)

The bulb combo is: 1-454, 2-Atinic White, 2-Super Atinics and 1-Indigo Sun.

ADA6.jpg

I bought 4- 454’s and 2 of every other 18" UVL they sell so I can change the mood of the tank B)

that color is incredible, wow..i'm running trueLumen bulbs -_- looks nothing like that

Which ballast is best to use?

I'm waiting on NanoTuners to provide that solution...

Currently I am running stock ballest in my NEP with the UVL-R's

For the ballast, you can use a workhorse5 to drive three 18" t5vho lamps at about 30 watts.

The WH5 will not fit inside the NEP housing, especially 2 of them... or so I have been told -_-

The WH5 will not fit inside the NEP housing, especially 2 of them...

I would probably find a project box they would fit in and wire them into the power cord. I know that wouldn't be everyones taste though.

• 3 months later...
Chiefmcfuz

Ok after 3 months (give or take) everything in the tank looks great. I have to clean my glass (see my signature) but then I will take pics.

Archived