inTank Media Baskets

UVL bulbs

Chiefmcfuz

I have the Nova Extreme Pro. I am looking at the new UVL bulbs. I had a few questions. Which white bulb is best to use? I see the actinic white, indigo sun and the aquasun. I also see the super actinic. What combo's are people using with these bulbs? Pics?

I tried the search function but it reared no results.

Any info or assistance is much appreciated.

I have the Nova Extreme Pro. I am looking at the new UVL bulbs. I had a few questions. Which white bulb is best to use? I see the actinic white, indigo sun and the aquasun. I also see the super actinic. What combo's are people using with these bulbs? Pics?

I tried the search function but it reared no results.

Any info or assistance is much appreciated.

You're talking about the 18" bulbs right? I would definitely also like to know about the combos and what colors these UVL bulbs have.

I run 2 UVL super actinic but my whites are Geismann aquablue plus. Pics of just actinics in the last few pages of my tank thread.

Actinic White - 10K white with a warm pink tint. Adds an effect similar to adding a Fiji Purple or Purple+

Aqua Sun - pretty much just a straight 10K white.

Indigo Sun - 12-14K crisp white.

I have uvl-r on my breeder

2-454

1 - actinic white

1 - 75/25

the 454s are a nice blue, I dont like the pink tint of actinic white, maybe if it was mixed with another blue

If you don't like the pink of the Actinic White, try an Indigo Sun.

I would like to go a little bluer. would the indigo sun help that or do I need something else besides the 75/25 also?

Thanks evil

I would like to go a little bluer. would the indigo sun help that or do I need something else besides the 75/25 also?

Thanks evil

The Indigo Sun doesn't have the pink tint that the Actinic White does. You shouldn't need to change anything else.

Did they fix the size issue or does the 20" fixture still need to be Modded?

Not yet. You still have to mod the fixture slightly for them to work.

Not currently, but it's really easy. There is a bracket that hold the end caps in place. A few screws hold them to the fixture. Just move the endcaps in 1/4" on one end. Once you take the splash guard off, it's pretty obvious.

My biggest question on bulb placement. The Actinics are going in the same spots as the old ones, but with the whites what confiuguration do you suggest? Should I put the white actinic in the middle of the aquasuns or should I move it to the front or the back?

Ok I got the UVL bulbs in and WOW they are amazing. Forgot to order some extra si I also ordered the indego sun and another aquasun today. The White Actinic gives off a very pink color to the tank. I will post pics in my tank thread hopefully today or tomorrow.

Not currently, but it's really easy. There is a bracket that hold the end caps in place. A few screws hold them to the fixture. Just move the endcaps in 1/4" on one end. Once you take the splash guard off, it's pretty obvious.

Hi,

It's my understanding that nanotuners is out of the 18" UVL 454 bulbs. True? If so, when do you expect them in?

Yes, we are out of them. I don't know what the arrival date will be, as we are still trying to work out what length we should order. It's a mess.

My 20" NEP has the 18” UVL-R 30w VHO (from NanoTuners)

The bulb combo is: 1-454, 2-Atinic White, 2-Super Atinics and 1-Indigo Sun.

ADA6.jpg

I bought 4- 454’s and 2 of every other 18" UVL they sell so I can change the mood of the tank B)

the 454's are out of stock and nanotuners said to me that it will be months before UVL will get anymore in, if ever at all. so the order i placed on black friday is still on back order and i paid for bulbs i dont know if i will ever get. good for me is that my cube isnt up yet and i dont need them yet.

.Evil, did you guys get my email? One of the super actinics is only half firing after one week of use.

Odd. Where did you send the email? Either way, I would call or email the shop for a replacement.

the 454's are out of stock and nanotuners said to me that it will be months before UVL will get anymore in, if ever at all. so the order i placed on black friday is still on back order and i paid for bulbs i dont know if i will ever get. good for me is that my cube isnt up yet and i dont need them yet.

We are really sorry about that. The goof on the length of the bulbs has certainly caused some headaches, including what we going to do about getting more 454 bulbs in. You don't deserve to have your money tied up for that long. If you would like a refund on the bulbs that you purchased, please call the shop and talk to the guys there.

Thanks. Got an email response this morning. The only reason I asked you if you got it was because I thought I checked the box to send a copy of the message to myself and never got one. Nano-Tuners CS is great. I was in no way implying otherwise. I will def be ordering from you guys whenever I can.

Archived