ReefCleaners.org

Silver Splotches on Jawfish?

Euphyllia

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's terrible news! They will jump, it's just their nature I guess.

I was lucky with mine. I had got up early one morning to take my wife to work. So, I'm sitting in the chair putting my shoes on, and I see something laying on the carpet in front of me. It was my BSJF! He was still moist to the touch, so I picked him up and put him back in the tank. Fortunately, he made it through. Until my tank crashed earlier this year, due to a heater exploding in my tank and he was the first fish I lost alomg with a helfrich firefish!

So lets get this right. You paid 75$ for a fish, 80$ on meds that the fish didnt need, stressed a already stressed out fish more by moving to a QT( Should have been in QT from day 1) and then complained about the LFS not giving you something back. All the while you have a known jumper in a tank without a lid. This thread should be a sticky on what not to do. You need to research what your getting, Dont over react, and dont blame the LFS. We all know they are in buisness to make money, we all know to do our research. If you buy flowers from home depot and kill them they will take them back within a year. They just dont pay the poor farm that took a year to grow them. Sounds like you want other people to take responsibility for your actions, maybe gardening would be right for you.

So lets get this right. You paid 75$ for a fish, 80$ on meds that the fish didnt need, stressed a already stressed out fish more by moving to a QT( Should have been in QT from day 1) and then complained about the LFS not giving you something back. All the while you have a known jumper in a tank without a lid. This thread should be a sticky on what not to do. You need to research what your getting, Dont over react, and dont blame the LFS. We all know they are in buisness to make money, we all know to do our research. If you buy flowers from home depot and kill them they will take them back within a year. They just dont pay the poor farm that took a year to grow them. Sounds like you want other people to take responsibility for your actions, maybe gardening would be right for you.

I paid $80 for a fish and over $50 on meds to try and help the fish. I tried to save him from an unknown disease by moving him to QT. You don't know the LFS. I didn't notice the spots when I bought the fish. The tank has a lid, I'm not a retard. Your post should be a sticky on why you should read an entire thread before making accusations. I researched this fish and I've kept Jawfish before. Why else would I be running my tank at 74F if I didn't research the fish? I'm taking the responsibility for the death of the animal because there was a small gap in the acrylic lid I had to make so my new skimmer would fit. And gardening is right for me. I keep orchids.

EDIT: I took out the part about you being a profound douche.

you over reacted and caused the fish to die. if calling me a douch helps you feel better thats ok. by the way i have a bluespot and keep my tank at 79. and your lid obviously wasnt up to par. i did read your thread and pointed out what i saw and getting upset with youe lfs i what bothered me. you should slow down and maybe research better. you sid you kept jawfish before, what happened?

What is that thing you are feeding the clownfish with in your picture euphyllia.

A turkey baster. The female clowns in both pairs I have actually grab on to the turkey baster with their mouths and suck on it until food comes out, even if there isn't any food in it. It's funny to watch. :lol:

you over reacted and caused the fish to die. if calling me a douch helps you feel better thats ok. by the way i have a bluespot and keep my tank at 79. and your lid obviously wasnt up to par. i did read your thread and pointed out what i saw and getting upset with youe lfs i what bothered me. you should slow down and maybe research better. you sid you kept jawfish before, what happened?

Okay I'll do more research next time and I'll put a better lid on the tank. Thanks for your help. :)

I was pointing out that you your self were not prepared for the fish properly, and you right away wanted to put the blame at the store for the fishes problem. Like others told you it was probably marks from rubbing on rocks, mine went through the same thing. When you buy anything it is supposed to be in QT, Right? You bought a fish for a real good price. I could understand ordering it from divers den or like some of my fish stores that quarintine there fish and charge more, but you got a good price and took a chance. If the fish had ich or some other problem it should have been in the QT tank right away so you could treat, not moving him back in forth causing more stress. You say you take responseability then do it, YOU stressed your fish. My comment about gardening was refering to taking a live creature back dead or sick to get some kind of return out of it. People that think that way are true douches.

I was pointing out that you your self were not prepared for the fish properly, and you right away wanted to put the blame at the store for the fishes problem. Like others told you it was probably marks from rubbing on rocks, mine went through the same thing. When you buy anything it is supposed to be in QT, Right? You bought a fish for a real good price. I could understand ordering it from divers den or like some of my fish stores that quarintine there fish and charge more, but you got a good price and took a chance. If the fish had ich or some other problem it should have been in the QT tank right away so you could treat, not moving him back in forth causing more stress. You say you take responseability then do it, YOU stressed your fish. My comment about gardening was refering to taking a live creature back dead or sick to get some kind of return out of it. People that think that way are true douches.

Thanks for your opinion! :)

Archived