Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Live Rock Shipment delayed

Masamune

I ordered some live rock from premium aquatics last week but due to a slip up on my part it wasn't shipped until Monday. It was supposed to be delivered today, but it seems the roads are still covered in ice and I can't seem to get through to UPS to see if they're still making deliveries today. Is it possible for the live rock to still me mostly ok if it is delayed one day? I'm a bit worried that I'm just going to receive $60 of frozen rock tomorrow.

qwiksilver711
I ordered some live rock from premium aquatics last week but due to a slip up on my part it wasn't shipped until Monday. It was supposed to be delivered today, but it seems the roads are still covered in ice and I can't seem to get through to UPS to see if they're still making deliveries today. Is it possible for the live rock to still me mostly ok if it is delayed one day? I'm a bit worried that I'm just going to receive $60 of frozen rock tomorrow.

it might be frozen, but you'd be suprised what can live through cold weather, if it takes until tomorrow to get to you i think you will be ok

I was in the same situation about two months ago. And the rocks were perfectly fine. I did notice that the box itself was not super cold, so I assume that when "live animals" is written all over the place on the box, UPS will not let it stand in a corner of a non-heated warehouse.

ps: what did you get? I got Bali-Alor and they are just amazing. Came with encrusting corals, some softies etc.

Is a week too long for live rock? UPS just held on to the package in Indianapolis until today, and they claim it will be delivered tomorrow. Thing is, we're expecting more snow tonight so I'm not really expecting the package to arrive until Monday. I know the rock will still have some life on it, but is it going to be no better than half-dead base rock at that point?

When you open the box take a good sniff if you didn't throw up your rock might be alright. If you toss your cookies do some serious curing.

Bad live rock is one of the worst smelling things on earth.

Archived