ReefCleaners.org

Baby sun coral or pest nems?

ngoodermuth

congrats, looks exactly like when my buds spawned in the tank. try and grow em out :)

Thanks... but I'm not sure my tank can handle 20 (that I could see) more sun coral colonies??

Did yours grow out? If so, how would I remove them from the main rockwork without damaging them or bringing down the reef?

lessergeneration

my bud had a bunch on the rocks out of that he had 3 grow out. she hot a lil cyclops at em every few days and they grew solid. you can take a chisel and knock em off the rock by takin a small bit of rock underneath them.

my bud had a bunch on the rocks out of that he had 3 grow out. she hot a lil cyclops at em every few days and they grew solid. you can take a chisel and knock em off the rock by takin a small bit of rock underneath them.

This thought makes me nervous lol... I guess I will wait and see how many make it before I have a panic attack :P

I vote baby suns. I hear they do reproduce in the home aquarium relatively easy. survival is dependednt on spot feedings.

I sure hope so- I'm in big trouble if they are nems lol

I will not be able to spot feed them all, but I will try to get some of the more accessible ones to grow if I can :)

The problem is, I already have nutrient issues from the momma... so I can't introduce more food to the system daily. Maybe once a week with my "big" feed before the WC, but I'm not sure that that will be enough for these little guys...

I sure hope so- I'm in big trouble if they are nems lol

I will not be able to spot feed them all, but I will try to get some of the more accessible ones to grow if I can :)

The problem is, I already have nutrient issues from the momma... so I can't introduce more food to the system daily. Maybe once a week with my "big" feed before the WC, but I'm not sure that that will be enough for these little guys...

I admit they do cause nutrient issues... my black sun requires daily feeding and it has a lot of m ouths.

Yep, daily here too. And I've got at least 30 polyps on the mother, the 2 liter feeding cap is the best I've been able to do since I've got greedy fish. I wish I could hand feed them with tweezers- less waste.

Fish steal it right from the mouths though...

Yep, daily here too. And I've got at least 30 polyps on the mother, the 2 liter feeding cap is the best I've been able to do since I've got greedy fish. I wish I could hand feed them with tweezers- less waste.

Fish steal it right from the mouths though...

I have one greedy fish, "the great devourer" and several hermits... the latter can be a problem. I make sure hte TGD gets his noms and he leaves the sun alone.

do you ever get stung by the sun?

I have one greedy fish, "the great devourer" and several hermits... the latter can be a problem. I make sure hte TGD gets his noms and he leaves the sun alone.

do you ever get stung by the sun?

I've never been stung, I know that it is LPS so capable of course, but I didn't think they were known to be aggressive. Actually, I've read that they are sort of timid. Oh well, guess I'll be extra careful just in case :)

Archived