Top Shelf Aquatics

I lost my anenome !

mimie

Hie all,

I just got on this forum one day too late. After installing a power head in my 20G, I found my sebae anenome stuck in it!!! I mean how the heck did he get up there???

Anyways, it was one of those undergravel filter powerheads and he got stuck in the suction piece. I am deeply saddened.

I hope to avoid these kinds of situation in the future.

-------------------------live and learn---------------------------

I hope you got all of it out. They melt and be the cause of a major crash. Also, nothing spells worse than a dead anemone. OK, other things do but anemone death is right up there with the worst of them.

You need to place a drilled PVC pipe along the intake of all powerheads to prevent an anemone from being shredded. Thats what I have done.

or just get a spnger tubing that will fit on it..or a canaster type for Rios and Aquaclear will do well..that is what i have done...

i am sorry to hear what happend to your seabe..but i guess my went through worst tragedy...I KILLED IT! hahaha...yes..i was so sick and tire of it moving all around my tank..so one day..after i smoked some ./..hmm.....whitewidow...i was mad so i grab it out of the tank and flushed him down the toilet! oops...Crossing my fingers and hope it will find its way through the sewer to the ocean...heheh..i doubt it

second2n0ne
Originally posted by anthony812

I KILLED IT!  hahaha...yes..i was so sick and tire of it moving all around my tank..so one day..after i smoked some ./..hmm.....whitewidow...i was mad so i grab it out of the tank and flushed him down the toilet!  oops...

Wow, what a disregard for life and IMO the hobby...you don't deserve to smoke white widow. Stick to crack, only crackheads would do something so ignorant.

Archived