Pod Your Reef

14 Oceanic gets Hot

jokim

Hey, i came home today and my tank temp was 85 and i was like woah, first time it got hot like that in 2 weeks. i hear that it does run hot but i had the lights running before 12 and it only would go up 2-3 degrees. lights were on only 9 hrs today.

Is it cuz of the lights? i know these have heating problems.

I want to replace the fans and cut the vents.

do you think i should upgrade the fan kit from nano tuners?

http://www.nanotuners.com/product_info.php...products_id=365

or should i just get any 50mm 2 pin computer fan?

Hey, i came home today and my tank temp was 85 and i was like woah, first time it got hot like that in 2 weeks. i hear that it does run hot but i had the lights running before 12 and it only would go up 2-3 degrees. lights were on only 9 hrs today.

just leave the feed door open.. that always worked fine for me.

qwiksilver711

my biocube was getting hot, and i got a 80mm fan mounted into the hood, that thing cools it like none other

I am going to try to replace the fans with some 50 mm computer fans 2 pin. what is the volts on the stock oceanic fans? i dont want to get an adapter right now.

I replaced the fans with two high-end 50mm PC fans. I had to do some soldering & splicing, but they work great and are not as loud as the stock ones. As for temp, I keep my apartment at 70 degrees. I keep the tank's heater at 74, and combined with lighting, pump, and koralia, everything stays at about 78 with fluctuations between .5 of a degree.

I replaced the fans with two high-end 50mm PC fans. I had to do some soldering & splicing, but they work great and are not as loud as the stock ones. As for temp, I keep my apartment at 70 degrees. I keep the tank's heater at 74, and combined with lighting, pump, and koralia, everything stays at about 78 with fluctuations between .5 of a degree.

Yeah im about to do that too, just switch around the black/ red wires right? and im just going to get some electrical tape and twist them.

did you get 5v fans or 12v? i hear that the top does not give out 12v and use a dc adapter to use it like the nanotuner.com kits.

i do see 5v fans and i wonder if that is good to use.

Can you give me ur fan brand?

Archived