inTank Media Baskets

acetabularia

SbCaes

a couple months ago, I saw a bunch in the lagoon near my keys house. I was going to grab some but forgot, and next time I went, algal succession had already occurred and it wasn't there. From my understanding, it an easy macro that will come back from nowhere even if it completely melts away

the problem with it is you need the holdfast, and you have to luck out and find it on a non protected substrate. it usually grows on protected live rock rubble. very abundant, but nearly impossible to collect. You would probably have to offer someone cympolia for it at the very least should they come across it. ;)

the problem with it is you need the holdfast, and you have to luck out and find it on a non protected substrate. it usually grows on protected live rock rubble. very abundant, but nearly impossible to collect. You would probably have to offer someone cympolia for it at the very least should they come across it. ;)

done. and done. ;)

lol...i do try each time i am in the keys. it is frustrating...whole fields of it...out of reach of though because of the regs

any acetabularia? or the a. crenulata? i was under the impression you only wanted a. crenulata.

cowkid has a tank full of one of the similar but smaller species...might want to go ask him..he was trying to remove it yesterday

Guilty as charged. I've got it. But i scrubbed the rocks and hope it will not return. Although I am almost sure it will return. My turbo is covered in it. He is next. Just for kix why do you want it?

Guilty as charged. I've got it. But i scrubbed the rocks and hope it will not return. Although I am almost sure it will return. My turbo is covered in it. He is next. Just for kix why do you want it?

yes please.

lol...i do try each time i am in the keys. it is frustrating...whole fields of it...out of reach of though because of the regs

any acetabularia? or the a. crenulata? i was under the impression you only wanted a. crenulata.

cowkid has a tank full of one of the similar but smaller species...might want to go ask him..he was trying to remove it yesterday

still looking for it. my friend. =)

Okay I have four frag plugs covered in this stuff. I had it in a cup of FW for 24 hours. I have since put it back into a cup of SW. It looked the same way as it did when I removed it from the tank. I am gonna keep it a few days to see if it stays fine. If it does, then some of it is reserved for you SBcaes. The other part is already spoken for.

Okay I have four frag plugs covered in this stuff. I had it in a cup of FW for 24 hours. I have since put it back into a cup of SW. It looked the same way as it did when I removed it from the tank. I am gonna keep it a few days to see if it stays fine. If it does, then some of it is reserved for you SBcaes. The other part is already spoken for.

sweet

It looks rather dull. I dont know if it would be okay. But if you wanna chance it your welcome to it. I think that it would ship fine w/o heat packs this week. Your call. It could be okay just bleached due to not being under the tanks lights just beside them.

It looks rather dull. I dont know if it would be okay. But if you wanna chance it your welcome to it. I think that it would ship fine w/o heat packs this week. Your call. It could be okay just bleached due to not being under the tanks lights just beside them.

as long as there is rock on the acetubaliara where they grew from. then the spores will make them grow back. =)

Well its on frag plugs. If you want them you can have some. I know Adrian said he was out. Crazy guy said "I'll wait until if they grow back and get them fresh." I sure hope he is wrong.

send the turbo with the mermaids cup cowfish to sbcaes, i will send you a turbo, and sbcaes will send me cympolia and we will be all set.

Well now that just throws a rock in the gears. Now I have to figure out how to ship live critters now. It will have to be next Monday/tuesday b4 I can ship anything. My grandmothers health took a turn for the worse. I'm leaving town 5 am tomorrow.

How do I ship the turbo?

john ill take care of it. dun worry buddy. id rather some ppl in the macroworld get some of the stuff we have. than no one . or some dude who doesnt take pictures (me)

LOL

Hey I know I said this stuff would ship out today. No go. I am rather sick and could not think of packing up stuff to ship out. If I'm better tomorrow it will go out.

Sorry if this causes any problems

Archived