Coral Vue Hydros

O.Clown not eating

Rleepremier

So i have 2 O.clowns in my aquapod 12gal. I originally had 1 and added the 2nd 1 a week later. the first 1 is eating like a champ. live shrimp, nls marine, and frozen mysis is what i feed them. i feed alittle everyday. i also have a new sixline and he's also eating a ton. what is wrong with the 2nd clown? is this usual or should i be concerned? he will eat at most 2 1mm pellets. i doubt thats enough for him to survive. should i try flakes? if so what brand flakes are the best?

How long ago did you add the second?

I would mix it up - it may be used to flakes - you might want to try some soaked in garlic. If it's eating the pellets though, I'm sure it will be alright.

if a o. clown is not eating, something is wrong. when i got mine he was eating immediately. right after i threw him in. and he's always hungry. always.

he was eating frozen brine when i bought him. i got him last friday the 28th. hes always begging and swimming near the top when i'm near. but then just smells the food and ignores it. i may try some flake food and see what happens.

if a o. clown is not eating, something is wrong.

Wrong - not all Os will react the same way.

he was eating frozen brine when i bought him. i got him last friday the 28th. hes always begging and swimming near the top when i'm near. but then just smells the food and ignores it. i may try some flake food and see what happens.

It's not uncommon for a clown to go 4 or 5 days without eating in a new tank. Keep offering it foods and it will come around.

Archived