Top Shelf Aquatics

2 Questions?

sefrayser

I dosed my 34G Solana last night with 15ml of Calcion P and Magnesion P. I checked it today and it seems my Calcium and MG dropped. Does this sound right? I am not 100% sure it dropped but I know it didnt raise any. I dosed again today. How long do I need to wait before checking the levels and how often can I dose? Are there any other parameters I should check that will keep the MG and Calcium from raising? I mixed a Stock Sol~n of 16 oz and then the appropriate measurement of powder. I used ro/di water.

I put a used Tunze 9002 skimmer in and its pulling skimate but the skimate isnt that dark. I did the youtube mod where I moved the airline and I have it adjusted so I can see the bubbles at the bottom of the StevieT cup. The water level is about 1/4-1/2" from the top of the skimmer. Thats what Tunze told me to do. Any advice?

I did another test. This is what I got. I did the 1/2 test using Salifert on all 3 tests.

KH 8.0 Alk 2.86 ( same salifert KH/Alk test kit)

Mg 1350

Calcium 400

Should I leave it alone and check tomorrow?

I did another test. This is what I got. I did the 1/2 test using Salifert on all 3 tests.

KH 8.0 Alk 2.86 ( same salifert KH/Alk test kit)

Mg 1350

Calcium 400

Should I leave it alone and check tomorrow?

Leave it alone. Check in a couple of days to see where its at.

You're going to find that the Mg isn't going to drop as fast as alk or calc and generally only needs occasional dosing...that is if water changes don't keep the MG levels up.

Archived