Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

3 Week Vacation to Thailand

Kaneda215

I'm heading East to bum it out on a few beaches, drink a lot of cheap beer, and attempt not to drown while watching the interactions of a not-so-nano-reef.

I've already done a bunch of research regarding the continuation of my money pit while I'm away. I've tried to put everything into an excel to make it easier for my sitters (my friend and my girlfriend). I apologize for having to take screen shots of my excel, but I couldn't figure out another way to get it on here.

Please let me know what you think, if I have too much, or something I may be missing. If anyone wants me to send the excel I'd be happy to do so.

21913178.th.png

75710745.th.png

So you're going to Thailand for three weeks WITHOUT your girl AND making her care for your tank? You've got hand my friend.

She has to work haha.

Also forgot to add, I have the lights on a timer, and will walk both of them through the process before I go.

Line #30- Way to look optimistic for ur fish, lol. #36- ROFL #58- Id get punched for saying that to my gf, BUT i would change skinny to something else like 'other end' cuz dont say i didnt warn u when she comes back with some smart a$$ remark like 'yea i am good and suckin on skinny, small things'

Really-

counting snails?

So they actually look to see if EVERY snail is in its proper stance.

Anyway, no one has any other pointers or advice? Is the excel that perfect? B)

Nothing?!

haha... you have a dedicated girlfriend. I'd have a hard time asking my best friend to count all of my livestock everyday... much less come over daily and do water changes when required. I'm lucky if they come over and check my ATO and make sure my place isn't flooded.

This is what I would/have done.

Make sure ATO works well. Feed 2 times per week. Change floss 2 times per week. Make sure topoff water is full all the time. Then leave it alone unless you see something dead.

Just do a huge water change when you get back. 3 weeks should be fine.

Are you getting a bunch of asian equipment like skimmers and such? My mom always takes care of my tanks. She doesn't know a lot, but she can take care of it for a month or so if needed. :)

Please, more tips if you have....

I actually went away for a month. I went to walmart and bought one of those day of the week pill dispensers. I put the correct amount of food for each day into each section. Since it had frozen shrimp in it, I kept it in my freezer. I also bought a 100qt tupperware container and filled the entire thing with RO and placed my top off pump in it. I left instructions taped to the wall. I didn't ask about the tank often because I didn't want to freak out and I didn't want to freak out my tanksitter. I had a buddy with a tank come about 15 days into my trip and do a water change with water I had already mixed. Only thing I lost was a porcelain crab, not sure why though.

Archived