New Baby Maxima Clam

YOKeReef

This is My first Clam Ever. I have been in the tank game for over 12 years. It was the one thing I have put off from childhood fear. Brings to me why Im writing this. I want to be 100 percent sure I do everything to keep it alive. The claim is 2.5 in. Small. I have Dt that I feed it. I was wondering if twice a week isn't enough ? I'm feeding 2 teaspoons at at time. I read that maxima like to be off the ground so I have put up on a lil rock 2 in off of the sand bed. I have 2+150 watt Radium. My tank is a 55 long with about 4 to 5inches sand bed. Should I rase him or not ? And do I need to feed more ? I heard about oysters eggs ?

Clam* It is a CLAM not a CLAIM.

They like to be on a rocky surface. That is true. He should be fine where he is. And it sounds like you are feeding enough. In all reality clams are mostly photosynthetic so you won't need to feed that much at all.

You could probably raise it up a bit if your 55 is the average depth, they like a lot of light. Just place it in an area where it won't fall. Clams falling on the sandbed is a very common death.

feeding a small clam is a myth

i have 8 and have NEVER fed one of them.....EVER.....all growing and doing well under 6 T5HO bulbs

feeding a small clam is a myth

i have 8 and have NEVER fed one of them.....EVER.....all growing and doing well under 6 T5HO bulbs

They say though if they are under 3in they live completely off of food ? After that light is the Key. And Sorry about the claIm thing. Clam Clam Clam. Practice makes perfect. He is doing well and still very alert of his surroundings. He still has gotten his foot established on the rock. But I do love him. I have some Red looking strings coming out of my sand bed. They are a worms ? I have had them for some time. When I put a Ricordea on them. The mushrooms kills them. Would my arrow crab eat them ? I want to get rid of the ugly red string in my dsb. How ?

my smallest one was an inch and a half when i got him....never been fed.....now almost 4 inches and still growing...

the myth that the dont produce enough Zooxanthellae algae in their mantles to sustain them at that size is false

i honestly feel that it's something retailers made up to sell ppl products they dont need for an animal that the purchaser doesn't yet fully understand

Funktastic Wint
And Sorry about the claIm thing. Clam Clam Clam. Practice makes perfect. He is doing well and still very alert of his surroundings.

just cuz im an A-hole

its CLAM not CLALM

bahahaha

my smallest one was an inch and a half when i got him....never been fed.....now almost 4 inches and still growing...

the myth that the dont produce enough Zooxanthellae algae in their mantles to sustain them at that size is false

i honestly feel that it's something retailers made up to sell ppl products they dont need for an animal that the purchaser doesn't yet fully understand

You could be def right. Then do you think 3in off of my sand bed is far enough ? I enjoy the wit Funk... And does anybody know about how the reproduce ?

Archived