Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

mini maxi placement

CoralWhisperer

CoralWhisperer

the title and description says it all.

Just picked one up today, and it was in a group of them all stuck in one spot in LFSs tank.

They seem very hard to peel off even smooth glass.

Shall I tuck it in between some rocks(I have a spot in mind), or place it on the sand, or just toss it in and let it do its own thing?

Its not a designer color, but I got the brightest, most colorful one they had.

I been wantin one, and I finally found them at a new store that is on the outskirts of how far Id be willin to travel, so I grabbed it.

Pics to come once it settles in.

Just about to finish acclimation and release into tank.

Funktastic Wint
the title and description says it all.

Just picked one up today, and it was in a group of them all stuck in one spot in LFSs tank.

They seem very hard to peel off even smooth glass.

Shall I tuck it in between some rocks(I have a spot in mind), or place it on the sand, or just toss it in and let it do its own thing?

Its not a designer color, but I got the brightest, most colorful one they had.

I been wantin one, and I finally found them at a new store that is on the outskirts of how far Id be willin to travel, so I grabbed it.

Pics to come once it settles in.

Just about to finish acclimation and release into tank.

put it where u want it. if it doesnt like it there itll move somewhere itself

put it where u want it. if it doesnt like it there itll move somewhere itself

+1

I put mine in and it moved probably 5 times before it finally settled to somewhere that it liked.

CoralWhisperer

Well, its in.

I put it on a spot in the front that has access to a crevice.

It has already attached its foot and hasnt budged in what, 3 hrs?

Hopefully itll stay near the front so as to be visible.

My RBTA was put in the same spot, but promptly moved to the side of the rockwork and under a ledge, where it stayed ever since.

It is visible tho, and seems happy.

Overall, I am really glad I bought it.

Tho it is the plain old green and purplish kind, it looks really cool and almost matches the rock itself.

When I took it out of the bag, I did notice it was very sticky.

Very cool creature!

minimaxi001.jpg

minimaxi004.jpg

CoralWhisperer
Hopefully its not under very high light, otherwise it will most def move. Pretty one!

150w 15k halide . . .

It really dont matter if it moves.

This was a tester one so I can see how they like my tank, I been lurkin your thread and when Im ready I want a more colorful one from you.

Thanks for the compliment, you gotta website?

ETA- the LFS gave me a frag of hollywood stunner and bazooka just for buying this nem . . . no way was I passin that deal up!

And DUH . . . reefgardeners- I sofa king we todd it.

CoralWhisperer
Wow, they must really need the money. lol How much was the maxi?

edit because my deal aint anyone elses, and I dont wanna ruin it for me :)

Yeah, that's what happened to a local store owner that is a friend of mine. I sold him a few and they just didn't move at all, but I also think he wasn't really pushing them. Once he put them online they sold pretty fast. I see a lot of stores get not that great colors, so they have to end up selling them for super cheap. Good for you though! :D

CoralWhisperer

So of course it crawled into the rock last night, but is still within a few inches of where it was at first.

It is also now within a few inches of my rbta.

Is this gonna create a problem with stinging?

Which nem is gonna win the battle?

Id guess once, if at all, they get a taste of the others medicine one or the other is gonna move hopefully.

Im off to school till about 130-200, so Ill guess my question should be answered by the time I get home . . .

CoralWhisperer

Yep, been under the rocks all day and evening now, hasnt touched the rbta that I know of.

Hopefully itll crawl back out so I can actually see it at some point. . .

CoralWhisperer
Can I ask what LFS? I haven't seen any around...Its really nice looking!

Aqua life in rocklin

ETA- in all honesty, pick and order one from reefgoddess, youll be much happier.

the ones at lfs looked all the same as mine, tho I got the one with the deepest colors.

Im placing an order with rg in the next coupla days . . .

Well I won't say I told you so on your anemone moving, but.... :P If it doesn't come back out in a few days, I would dig it back out and put it in a corner spot. Strategically placing small pieces of rock around them to create a sort of fence really does work.

And thanks for the pre-purchase props! :D

I have more anemones now and am always willing to work with people on a budget, I have lots more anemones than anyone would imagine.

That maxi looks great! I just picked up my first one too.

These things are coming into the ports here in So. cal by the hundreds so prices should be dropping dramatically in near future.

CoralWhisperer

Thanks for the compliment!

Rg- I got more time than money, that nem will eventually figure out where it wants to be, and my tank has 3 sides I can see into . . . ;)

I will try your suggestion once I get one from you tho, its safe to say you know your s**t

And seeing how it took lfs guy about 10-15 mins to peel it off just glass, I aint gettin off that rock its on . . .

You know that the divers in Vietnam literally get the anemones out of the rock with a hammer and chisel. lol Anyone need rubble rock?

CoralWhisperer
You know that the divers in Vietnam literally get the anemones out of the rock with a hammer and chisel. lol Anyone need rubble rock?

I can only imagine what the reefs look like in a place like viet nam, sheesh!

They prolly eat those things . . .

Archived