Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Aqualight mini T5HO for BC14 decent?

SUGO

Hoping to keep Softs,LPS, some SPS, and Clam if possible. Ive read stock lighting won't cut so would the mini T5 do the job or perhaps PC-R lights?

Are you set on keeping the stock hood? If not, a metal halide pendant is a good option.

Are you set on keeping the stock hood? If not, a metal halide pendant is a good option.

I'd like to keep my stock hood, only to prevent my 2 year old from feeding my "fisssh-eezz".

that Aqualight Mini T5 wont cut it because its not a T5HO its a T5NO and is made for fuges and small pico tanks for softies and LPS(maybe low light SPS in a shallow enough tank). Have you looked into LEDs? one of nanotuners 3.6 LED Retros would give you the option to keep anything you want, or you could do their 3.24 retro which adds a third PC bulb and if you upgraded them all to PC-Rs im sure youd be able to keep some pretty high light corals in the top of the tank

I believe the 3.24 mod and bulb cost would total $150+/-.... I might as well save a little more and purchase the 3.6? 3.6 mod would allow me to stock LPS,SPS,Softs, and clams without any additional upgrades from nanotunners right?

Archived