Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Lawnmower blenny in a nanO

brandolando4

So my lfs has a lawnmower blenny in a nano cube, I wanted to know if anyone has ever kept them in a bc 14 or smaller tank?? And what did you feed them besides the algae in the tank!!

My gf wants one real bad!!!

Thank you

qwiksilver711
So my lfs has a lawnmower blenny in a nano cube, I wanted to know if anyone has ever kept them in a bc 14 or smaller tank?? And what did you feed them besides the algae in the tank!!

My gf wants one real bad!!!

Thank you

i think they eat pods, similar to a manderin, I think you may be able to train them to eat frozen mysis and such though

are you thinking of a lawnmower blenny (algae blenny) or a scooter blenny (dragonet)? they look similar but one eats algae and the other eats pods. The algae blennys get pretty big (~5") so they might not be the best for smaller tanks, I have one in my 55 and he likes to swim around a lot.

CoralWhisperer

I love thos fish because its the closest looking thing I could get to a LingCod, which is a favorite sportfish I like to catch.

Once they deplete the algae in your tank, which they will do, you can feed them nori.

The scooter blenny is a dragonet like the mandarine, and the same "rules" apply.

Trying to keep a pod population for it to eat seems like a pita in such a small tank, but they do look like a Cabezon which is another sportfish I enjoy catching.

lawnmower

lawnmower.jpg

scooter

scooter.jpg

ETA- lawnmowers get to be around 5-6", and is a big fish with a big appetite in that small tank, think bioload . . .

In short, you can do whatever you want . . .

Definatly lawnmower blenny

ok so they are big (knew that), will eat all my pods (didnt Know that), Love them some hair algea (knew that)

probably too much of a bio load?? Darn she isnt going to be happy, i thought they just ate hair algea

anyone have watchman gobies that aren't shy!!

Definatly lawnmower blenny

ok so they are big (knew that), will eat all my pods (didnt Know that), Love them some hair algea (knew that)

probably too much of a bio load?? Darn she isnt going to be happy, i thought they just ate hair algea

anyone have watchman gobies that aren't shy!!

i've got a watchman and that punk hides all damn day. sometimes i walk in and he's hanging out, then i walk by or he sees me and he darts away. those suckers are fast, and jump (jumped on the first day after acclimation) but once they see their surrounding and as long as nothing is constantly peskering it it probably won't jump. a happy ywg won't leave the tank:) had him for over 6 months in a 10 without problem

They get big for a nano, but they're not bullies (in my experience) and they eat absolutely anything. I got one at 2 inches when I had a massive GHA outbreak, and a few weeks later, the tank was completely clean... And he was an inch bigger.

Archived