SaltCritters.com

Fastie's 2.5 Pico

FastieFishRB03

FastieFishRB03

I have a 2.5 tank with PC lights, two AC20's, a heater, live sand and live rock.

Right now it has two nassuris snails, two astrea snails, one unidentified mini snail that came in the live sand and a blue-legged hermit. It also has zoas and xenia.

I planned on stocking more coral, two sexy shrimp, some other type of shrimp (maybe a camel shrimp) and a pom-pom (boxer) crab.

Is that too much stocking? Is there any limitations on the amount of coral you can put in your tank or can you put as much as you can fit?

Before buying a coral, look up to see what type of flow, lighting, and food it needs. Not all tank set ups can offer the proper conditions for a coral to thrive. I have a 2.5 gallon pico and so far I've been sticking to mostly mushrooms/ricordea/green star polyps. There's plenty of pico tank examples on this site that contain LPS/SPS corals so I can't say it can't be done. For now, I'm just taking my time and introducing new corals little by little.

FastieFishRB03

Pics are coming soon!

What cool looking shrimp are reef safe?

Are coral banded shrimp interesting? What about blood red fire shrimp? :huh:

all shrimp are interesting, but you must research their habits to see if they are what you're looking for. most hide a lot. sexy shrimp do not need an anemone, but they do need coral to host.

Sexies don't need any coral at all. They will sometimes host one, but they need them about as much as clowns need one. They'll do just fine without.

Archived