inTank Media Baskets

150W MH enough for 20H?

will46r

Odyssea has a new 18" 150mh fixture with 2 T5s and LEDs. I'm in the process setting up a 20h, I'm either getting these lights or a 96W T5HO light. I'll be keeping mainly zoos, rics and mushrooms.

Odyssea has a new 18" 150mh fixture with 2 T5s and LEDs. I'm in the process setting up a 20h, I'm either getting these lights or a 96W T5HO light. I'll be keeping mainly zoos, rics and mushrooms.

To answer the topic question yes the 150w MH fixture is enough for even sps with appropriate placement.

Most definitely! A great light for a 20H. I have the same light over my BC29 and I am very happy with it. The bulb color is the only disappointment I had, it is on the white side. The bulb worked fine and all my corals were happy under it I just wanted more blue. I bought a Phoenix 14K and it has a better blue color. But I don't think the light is as crisp as the stock bulb and I don't have as much shimmer. Who knows maybe the ballast does not have enough wattage to drive the Phoenix, but for what you can by this fixture for you can afford to find a bulb you like.

Let me add it is not necessary for soft type corals the T5 would be just fine for that, but I assure you will get bitten and the next thing you know you will be trying LPS and SPS corals.

Archived