Cultivated Reef

2 coral questions

danthenewreefman

danthenewreefman

from its appearance when closed it looked like polyps -- I've never had a blasto but I believe this is a blasto?

post-51644-1296324246_thumb.jpg

This got banged up in transit, should I just watch it and if the tissue loss progresses frag it?

post-51644-1296324256_thumb.jpg

danthenewreefman
Blasto and montipora cap

DAMN! Blasto look just like zoanthids! crazy crazy.

But my question about the monti cap was -- Does that look normal for shipping stress? I assume I should just watch it and if it gets worse just frag that sick area off?

Yes, blasto.

Yes, just watch it to see how it does. Looking at your other SPS frags, I gotta ask. What's the lighting, and parameters? Especially Alk.

danthenewreefman
Yes, blasto.

Yes, just watch it to see how it does. Looking at your other SPS frags, I gotta ask. What's the lighting, and parameters? Especially Alk.

They all JUST got here, so they're pissed still. JUst got like 15sps frags! But my green slimer & sunset monti look great -- only ones I've had before today.

cal 440

dkH 9-10

bad stuff all undetectable.

do you see something bad?

edit: lighting -- 6x39w T5 -- all SPS are within a foot of bulbs.

4xati blue+

aqua medic purple actinic

aqua medic blue actinic

another ? -- they came from a MH 2x150w +t5 tank.

Do you think I'm giving them too much light?

danthenewreefman
??? you dont know what you ordered???

My man is so good -- I tell him to just surprise me, along with a few vague request!

danthenewreefman

Ray -- Did you see something bad or are you just messing with me again?

Is it because I didn't PIIHB?

danthenewreefman
Who did you order these from?

ahhhh.........I don't want to say I'm a selfish person and would like to buy everything he has.

Tinytank

dude got me ora frags for about the same as mr.coral frags go for.

1 is like a duke blue with neon green polyps coming out (branching sps) I wish I had a better camera.

danthenewreefman

Did they die?

I can only speak from my experience and -- yea.....one of those people you know from dealing with them that they're just a down to earth good person.

Ray -- Did you see something bad or are you just messing with me again?

Is it because I didn't PIIHB?

:lol: No, I'm not messing with you. I assumed the birdsnest and the other acro frag were in the system longer. My bad. They just looked a little browned out. Probably shipping.

Wouldn't hurt to keep that DKH at a solid 10 or 11, though.

More than likely your tank will crash because you didn't PIIHB.

Also, considering they came from under 2x150 watt MH to 6x39 watt T-5's, I'd say drop your light cycle a few hours a day to let them adjust.

You got it Dan, Blasto and monti cap. The monti will come back, mount it up and give it time. The blasto is a merletti so it is the much smaller polyps than the wellsi.

Lawnman I still have one of those acans. The other two melted completely after the sit in the cold. The one I still have melted back to three polyps but has now grown to 20+. I have still never been as pissed off at a shipping company as that. They didn't come to my front door or back door and ring the bell, rather they left them by my back door gate, a solid 50 yards from the house WTF.

Archived