ReefCleaners.org

Are nao tanks safe?

jkaese

So Iam a very seasoned in salt water tanks I use to have one which I took down due to moving so much and want to get back into it and like the concept of nano tanks but are they safe for fish? I heard some have issues with the filter and sucking fish into it. Also what do you reccomend in size I want the biggest one they have I think that 29 gallon which display would pro be 25-26 gallons. Let me know what everyone thinks...Oceanic or JBJ?

It is plently safe for the fish, as long as you let the cycle take its course and keep up with routine maintenance. If you type in "Oceanic" or "JBJ" OR "NanoCube" you will get tons of reviews on these tanks. Also you can look in the All-in-one section of the forums. Good luck

Yes nano tanks are safe.You should read the forums for a few weeks.Then when you have a question try the search feature your question has probally been asked 10 times.When it comes to Oceanic or JBJ it is personal preference.I like Oceanic myself but the next guy will say JBJ.If you are going to do a AIO tank go with metal halide lighting or LEDS.PC lights are going to limit your coral selection.I know I know you only want softies but that will change in about 2 months and you will want SPS.So spend the money now and get the best lights.You will spend 1000 dollars getting a good 28-29 gallon AIO and all the stuff to start before you add livestock.

Yes nano tanks are safe.You should read the forums for a few weeks.Then when you have a question try the search feature your question has probally been asked 10 times.When it comes to Oceanic or JBJ it is personal preference.I like Oceanic myself but the next guy will say JBJ.If you are going to do a AIO tank go with metal halide lighting or LEDS.PC lights are going to limit your coral selection.I know I know you only want softies but that will change in about 2 months and you will want SPS.So spend the money now and get the best lights.You will spend 1000 dollars getting a good 28-29 gallon AIO and all the stuff to start before you add livestock.

Cool thanks yeah I was gona def go with a metal halide lighting I use to have the power compact with my old reef setup and it was nice but looking at that compared to a metal H um yeah It's like night and day!

Archived