Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Stocking help

TONYBMW328I

I'm gonna add two more small fish to my tank but I cannot decide which to add. the tank is a 28 gallon bowfront with about 50ish pounds of live rock. I wanna be really careful about what i put in there cuz I don't want to ever have to get them out. Right now I have two clowns and a firefish. Here what I'm concidering.

Catilina Goby: but I read it likes colder water 60 to 70 mines at 80

Yellow head jawfish

Court jester goby

Neon blue goby

Hi fin red band goby: will my fire fish kill it since it's similar in body shape?

Bi color blenny

Mandarin green goby

Any help on bad/good personl experisenses with these fish would be a great help or if u have a suggestion on a different fish I'd like to hear it. Let me know what two you think would be good and get along in my tank with what I already have.

Catilina Goby: but I read it likes colder water 60 to 70 mines at 80, yes its cold water

Yellow head jawfish, wimpy fish, hides a lot

Court jester goby, these die a lot

Neon blue goby, heard they are good

Hi fin red band goby: will my fire fish kill it since it's similar in body shape? firefish seem like wimps, but i dunno

Bi color blenny, my favorite fish, but they can be non-reef safe

Mandarin green goby, mandarin dragonet? no

i hear tailspot blennies are good, i'd get one if they had one around here

Any help on bad/good personl experisenses with these fish would be a great help or if u have a suggestion on a different fish I'd like to hear it. Let me know what two you think would be good and get along in my tank with what I already have.

animalmaster6

Definetly a no on the Catalina Goby. You are right they are a temperate species that will not do well in tropical conditions.

Jawfish are a fun, active fish. They are extremely entertaining and peaceful. That would be an awesome option.

Court Jester- no. They need huge microfauna populations to stay alive long term. That is hard to do in a small reef system such as this one.

Neon gobies are perfect. They are very peaceful, easy to feed, and reef-safe. Can't go wrong with these gobies.

Hi Fin- One of my favorite shrimp gobies and fish overall. They are awesome. I don't see any aggression happening between it and the Firefish whatsoever. You could pair it with a Red Banded Pistol Shrimp (Alpheus randalli).

BiColor Blennies are very interesting but are semi-aggressive and can turn non reef-safe at the blink of an eye. Best not to take any chances.

Mandarin- This would be a great addition. Make sure your tank is very established with a large population of microfauna though. They need it to survive.

Other options could be a group of cardinalfish or assessors.

Archived