SaltCritters.com

any one having problems with brightwells salt?

jerzsky

just read and heard some scary things about thew brightwells salt...even though i havent had any bad issues with it, i dont wanna take any chances.

so i think i heard good things bout this salt, but looking for anyone here to chime in about it, or even some good suggestions and why about the brand you use...

thanks!

I used H2O for a few months and did not get good result with it. My SPS were fine but my zoanthids were shrinking and not well. I recently switched to IO Reef Crystal and bingo, my zoanthids are going large and growing like crazy again. The reason I first went with H2O was that I thought I would not have to dose, but I still had to dose just about the same. So since it was much more expensive, my zoa did not like it one bit, and I still had to dose, made it a no go for me.

I have been using IO Reef Crystal for 4 months now and my sps grow like crazy and my zoanthids are back on track. Reef Crystal is pretty high in calcium and mag so I don't dose as much.

I know a few people who had their SPS bleach big time when switching to H2O so I was warned about this possibility when I switched to it, but did not have problem with my SPS. I think it depend from what you are switching and the result may vary. I will stay with Reef Crystal..love that salt!

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what problems are people having with brightwell salt?

I did some searching just now and can not find anything about it.

I'm just interested as I use the brightwell salt.

im not having any problems. in fact i love it! mixes very very well! all the levels are grat except for the calcium, which i dont care cause i dose anyway. my coral growth and color are awesome! my fish are vry healthy! but a lot of stores near me are stopping sales because people(mostly with sps tanks) are complaining of dying corals, and ar saying its from the salt. i ven have a really good store swith to it in theyre 220gallon show tank and a few days later have 10 acro colonies die. and once they changed back to theyre original salt everything was fine... so i dunno...i was just looking for options on another good salt, incase things went south on me...

Alright I'm glad to hear it's just one bad experience changing salt because I've been very happy with brightwell salt so far and had just decided to buy more since I just emptied my bucket this evening.

In my post I was talking about the H2O salt. Never had any experience with the other. some problems with H2O is some report of SPS bleaching, and there is usualy a brown deposite at the bottom. In my case my zoanthids did not like it.

H20 is expensive, too expensive for what it is. Better stay with your salt if you like it.

Alright I'm glad to hear it's just one bad experience changing salt because I've been very happy with brightwell salt so far and had just decided to buy more since I just emptied my bucket this evening.

Archived